Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

4th Favourites to Win The Championship

They went down to League 1, then known as Division 2. They did do back-to-back promotions but I'm pretty sure that three consecutive promotions is unprecedented in the Football League.
i am sure back in the late 60's or early 70's northampton town managed to go from the fourth division straight up to division one & then went straight back down from where they came from sorry dont know the proper dates

My bad!

Very unlikely to happen in modern football though, the gulf between the divisions is much larger now than in the 1960s.

Putting a tenner on it whatever the odds, just so I can feel slightly better if it happens, might do it every season from now on :)

Relegation funded my League One season ticket.

lol Brilliant, well that must have made relegation feel a tad better.

Won't get odds like that for a while tho.

Fez made about a grand from us getting relegated.

We won't be 4th favourites when the season starts. Dependng on how next weekend goes Newcastle, Middlesborough or Sunderland would all have the cash and enough decent players remaining to make a real go of a promotion challenge.

Simon

We won't be 4th favourites when the season starts. Dependng on how next weekend goes Newcastle, Middlesborough or Sunderland would all have the cash and enough decent players remaining to make a real go of a promotion challenge.

Simon

And Hull?

Don't you get something like £50m parachute money for relegation from the Premier League?

We're not 4th favourites.

We will be 8th favourites once the POF losers are confirmed and the 3 relegated teams come down from Prem.

8th favourites is fair, we should be looking for top 10/playoffs.

Plus odds aren't avaliable for all the other clubs yet so we will probably end up mid-table in the odds :P

I'm as optimistic as anyone but City will do well to finish in the top third this season. In fact it might even be best that the club don't finish higher.

It takes time to build a base to survive in The Premiership should we ever get there.

Stoke seem to have managed it easily enough.

If they've done it, why can't we?

Well add the play off final loser, and 3 teams to get relegated, then 8th favorites doesn't sound ridiculous. The team who wins League 1 usually does pretty well, and we probably have more funds than most sides that get promoted.

Has anyone ever even come close to achieving three consecutive promotions? Not a hope in hell, mid-table at best for Posh next season.

If they get United youngsters on loan, they could do quite well.

The full list has now been compiled;

Will Hill:

English Championship Outright

Newcastle - 5/1

West Brom - 6/1

Ipswich - 8/1

Middlesbrough - 9/1

Sheff Utd - 12/1

QPR - 12/1

Cardiff - 14/1

Reading - 14/1

Swansea - 16/1

Derby - 16/1

Peterborough - 20/1

C Palace - 25/1

Leicester - 25/1

Preston - 33/1

Bristol City - 33/1

Coventry - 33/1

Sheff Wed - 33/1

Watford - 40/1

Nottm Forest - 40/1

Doncaster - 80/1

Plymouth - 125/1

S****horpe - 150/1

Barnsley - 150/1

Blackpool - 150/1

We're also now 25/1 on Skybet, Had a look on Ladbrokes there is no list on the website yet.

I'd still be looking at slightly better than 25's more towards 30's maybe but at 25's i'll have a couple of quid, just a token bet, I like throwing my money away to the bookies anyway :rolleyes:

The full list has now been compiled;

Will Hill:

English Championship Outright

Newcastle - 5/1

West Brom - 6/1

Ipswich - 8/1

Middlesbrough - 9/1

Sheff Utd - 12/1

QPR - 12/1

Cardiff - 14/1

Reading - 14/1

Swansea - 16/1

Derby - 16/1

Peterborough - 20/1

C Palace - 25/1

Leicester - 25/1

Preston - 33/1

Bristol City - 33/1

Coventry - 33/1

Sheff Wed - 33/1

Watford - 40/1

Nottm Forest - 40/1

Doncaster - 80/1

Plymouth - 125/1

S****horpe - 150/1

Barnsley - 150/1

Blackpool - 150/1

We're also now 25/1 on Skybet, Had a look on Ladbrokes there is no list on the website yet.

I'd still be looking at slightly better than 25's more towards 30's maybe but at 25's i'll have a couple of quid, just a token bet, I like throwing my money away to the bookies anyway :rolleyes:

Peterborough shorter than us! At those odds i think Watford would be a good bet. Brendan Rodgers struggled when he first went there but really picked up towards the end of the season.

Archived