Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Laptop Advice.

• 1 month later...
What do people think of this?

Good? Could I get better for that money?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...%7C14419039.htm

I'm sure this is the one i've been looking at on laptopsdirect for a while but found it at Argos for cheaper, plus I could collect it myself buying from Argos.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-1170.aspx

Powerful with Win 7 as well.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-1170.aspx

Powerful with Win 7 as well.

Hmmm looks good, Bit out of my budget though (I would stretch my budget within reason though), Windows 7 is a bonus (and infact i'd be paying 470 for the Samsung i'm looking at + 70 odd buying Windows 7 so wouldn't be saving that much tbh), also been told Toshiba's are not the best? Don't know though, Some people have told me Acer's are poor by one person (I've got an Acer now - The laptop i'm looking to replace, and i've over the 4 years i've had it i've been very impressed not one problem with it apart from no sound, but it's getting abit old, slow, and little niggles are starting now, so looking at a new one), I've been told Toshiba's are poor by another person, I suppose it is just personal preference between different people.

The one you have suggested looks good though. :thumbup:

Hi mate.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/s...ght_nav_Laptops

Acer ;) it's the one im using now.

It's quite reliable, only problem i had, was when i dropped it. Screen smashed completely. Took a week to be repaired free.

This doesn't look bad either, but both of them compared to the Samsung i'm looking at lack on the Hard Drive, not sure if that's anything major though and no doubt you can get that upgraded.

Id love to sell my computer and get a Laptop.

Too much hassle for my liking though.

I am the opposite and attempting to sell my laptop and my desktop to get an even better desktop!

Might advertise it at work, ask some people at college and sell on eBay.

Hmmm looks good, Bit out of my budget though (I would stretch my budget within reason though), Windows 7 is a bonus (and infact i'd be paying 470 for the Samsung i'm looking at + 70 odd buying Windows 7 so wouldn't be saving that much tbh), also been told Toshiba's are not the best? Don't know though, Some people have told me Acer's are poor by one person (I've got an Acer now - The laptop i'm looking to replace, and i've over the 4 years i've had it i've been very impressed not one problem with it apart from no sound, but it's getting abit old, slow, and little niggles are starting now, so looking at a new one), I've been told Toshiba's are poor by another person, I suppose it is just personal preference between different people.

The one you have suggested looks good though. :thumbup:

This doesn't look bad either, but both of them compared to the Samsung i'm looking at lack on the Hard Drive, not sure if that's anything major though and no doubt you can get that upgraded.

Do you play games on your laptop? (fm10?) As the one I suggested has a dedicated graphics card which is better then integrated.Also, 320gb should be more then enough room for ya, but if you need more, external hard drives are cheap. :thumbup:

What do people think of this?

Good? Could I get better for that money?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...%7C14419039.htm

I'm sure this is the one i've been looking at on laptopsdirect for a while but found it at Argos for cheaper, plus I could collect it myself buying from Argos.

Samsung R510

I have that laptop and its a dream! It runs fast and the battery life is pretty good and I have W7 running on it and you can't go wrong. I know its a little more than the one you're looking at but I think for the extra you pay you get a lot more. The R510 has a Penryn processor which is more energy efficient and have better performance overall. Its also got HDMI so you can hook it up to a HD TV if you want to watch movies/play FM etc. You could hunt around and get it cheaper also, I've just run that from google. I got mine for £600 odd from Overclockers and had it for a year now - had a slight issue with the screen but sent it off on the Thursday to Samsung via courier which they paid for and had it back on the Friday morning, couldn't complain with that at all!

If you can afford that little extra then I would def recommend this one! If you look for other models just be careful on the specs because Samsung use the same R510 model number for older models which have diff specs etc.

Samsung R510

I have that laptop and its a dream! It runs fast and the battery life is pretty good and I have W7 running on it and you can't go wrong. I know its a little more than the one you're looking at but I think for the extra you pay you get a lot more. The R510 has a Penryn processor which is more energy efficient and have better performance overall. Its also got HDMI so you can hook it up to a HD TV if you want to watch movies/play FM etc. You could hunt around and get it cheaper also, I've just run that from google. I got mine for £600 odd from Overclockers and had it for a year now - had a slight issue with the screen but sent it off on the Thursday to Samsung via courier which they paid for and had it back on the Friday morning, couldn't complain with that at all!

If you can afford that little extra then I would def recommend this one! If you look for other models just be careful on the specs because Samsung use the same R510 model number for older models which have diff specs etc.

You [heart] Overclockers! :P

• 2 weeks later...
How'd you get on Matt?

Not got one yet, Was planning to a few weeks ago (Was going for that Samsung I saw at Argos - Good?) but been so busy recently not had time to do anything, Also i'm in the process of changing/looking for a new internet company to go to so I think i'm going to get that sorted and ready before I get a new one.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what's the best laptop with monthly broadband thingy majig? I'm not very good with specs etc so don't know which laptop is the best that's available with one of the monthly contract deals.

Post the specs.

I don't know which one to post, there is too many to choose from. I've tried comparison sites but they all seem to show different laptops/deals, its all too confusing to know which one actually is the best.

I don't know which one to post, there is too many to choose from. I've tried comparison sites but they all seem to show different laptops/deals, its all too confusing to know which one actually is the best.

core 2 duo processors are fine, ull need at least 2gb ram, pref 4gb. WIN 7 a must for laptops.

Archived