Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Windows 7

:thumbup:

Mines around 4 years old, so is that a 'modern system'?

To be honest modern system is so broad it could mean anything.

Chances are, your computer can run Windows 7 so there is no point worrying about it.

The problem is how well it can run it, what depends on the hardware which your computer has.

You should know whether your computer has decent hardware, compare it to the link I have given you.

Have you tried Windows 7?

Nah I was only joking, just extending the mac/pc argument for a bit in this thread :D OSX all the way mate.

From what I understand though this is a key launch for MS after pissing so many people off with Vista and a large percentage of MS users still staying with XP rather than Vista, overall I believe they made massive losses with it whilst other OSs such as Mac, Linux etc. made up ground on them.

Nah I was only joking, just extending the mac/pc argument for a bit in this thread :D OSX all the way mate.

From what I understand though this is a key launch for MS after pissing so many people off with Vista and a large percentage of MS users still staying with XP rather than Vista, overall I believe they made massive losses with it whilst other OSs such as Mac, Linux etc. made up ground on them.

Yeah, very true. Vista was awful and MS got it completely wrong. Their approach with W7 has been much better though and seemed to have hit the nail with this release. Its much quicker and performs a lot better than Vista and is the perfect replacement to those who are still using XP. Time will tell I guess.

Don't get me wrong though, OSX is a great OS, and I think its only a matter of time before they are all on par with each other. But I think by that time OS's would have changed a heck of a lot!

I haven't got a clue what this Microsoft 7 and OSX stuff is! I use XP. If I wanted to change to one of the others does it cost much or is it free? Is it the same thing as using Mozilla or IE, just a little tweek or is it something special?

I haven't got a clue what this Microsoft 7 and OSX stuff is! I use XP. If I wanted to change to one of the others does it cost much or is it free? Is it the same thing as using Mozilla or IE, just a little tweek or is it something special?

Basically like the jump from Windows 98 to Windows XP. Different interface & pretty colours. It won't be free unless you steal it :)

I'm too lazy to read 5 pages, I've just been through the David's thread :P - is this really worth the effort and cost to change from either XP or Vista.

Does it do anything better than those. Will it use up more PC resources and slow it down.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

I'm too lazy to read 5 pages, I've just been through the David's thread :P - is this really worth the effort and cost to change from either XP or Vista.

Does it do anything better than those. Will it use up more PC resources and slow it down.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Wikipedia's your best friend on this. :thumbup:

I've heard it's faster, more thoughtful in its use with resources, more pleasant to the eye and more reliable than Vista. Although I've also read somewhere that for the regular user, it's not necessarily a must-have.

Check out this CNET review for more info.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say.

Apart from one thing.

Mac OS X 10.6. (A wonderful hijack :D )

Apart from one thing.

Sneakily done my friend, sneakily done :thumbup:

Wikipedia's your best friend on this. :thumbup:

I've heard it's faster, more thoughtful in its use with resources, more pleasant to the eye and more reliable than Vista. Although I've also read somewhere that for the regular user, it's not necessarily a must-have.

Check out this CNET review for more info.

Apart from one thing.

Thanks.

Some of us can't afford Macs and the associated software :(

Brilliant. Thank god I am rid of Vista.

I will be getting a mac in December, purely for photography and photoshop and of course I will use it for the internet, etc. I will keep this laptop too as it's fooking brilliant and windows 7 just made it better. :)

All systems from 2003 onwards SHOULD be able to run Windows 7, with a ram and g.card upgrade.

I'll just purchase a new motherboard, and then get 7... but i want it so bad.

Fed up with xp.

OK, but a motherboard on its own wont be a solution.

Archived