Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Windows 7

Shove it, I'll just go all out to upgrade my current system and get the money to do that via work and selling my other system and laptop.

Anyone got Windows 7 yet then?

Yup, had it for 2-3 months now though! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've now updgraded my laptop to Windows 7, it looks pretty good so far and haven't had any issues. The installation process from Windows Vista wasn't very clear though - I selected the option for a clean install (i.e. formatting my existing hard drive) but it went and installed Windows 7 without formatting my hard-disk, leaving me with two Windows operating systems! I then had to install Windows 7 again and this time select the advanced option to format C: - it's now done though.

I've now updgraded my laptop to Windows 7, it looks pretty good so far and haven't had any issues. The installation process from Windows Vista wasn't very clear though - I selected the option for a clean install (i.e. formatting my existing hard drive) but it went and installed Windows 7 without formatting my hard-disk, leaving me with two Windows operating systems! I then had to install Windows 7 again and this time select the advanced option to format C: - it's now done though.

Is that not the same as how you install Vista, selecting advanced > format ? :huh:

Is that not the same as how you install Vista, selecting advanced > format ? :huh:

Dunno, never upgraded to Vista. Both my desktop and laptop had Vista pre-installed.

I would've thought when I selected the Custom Installation option and confirmed that I wanted to reformat my hard disk, it would've done it automatically without my having to select the C:, click on 'Advanced' and then click on 'Format'.

How? I'm at college and wouldnt mind it for free :):P
I know how we, at college, can get it for £30 but free :dunno:

I'm guessing your college/uni would have to be signed up to the Microsoft Academic Alliance to get this free.

Question about Windows 7 - how do I do a slideshow of a folder of pictures (no other files in the folder, just pictures). In Windows XP/Vista it was quite easy to do, but Windows 7 doesn't have a slideshow button on any folder except for the 'My Pictures' folder, which is rather annoying. I've googled this but haven't found any answers.

• 2 weeks later...
Question about Windows 7 - how do I do a slideshow of a folder of pictures (no other files in the folder, just pictures). In Windows XP/Vista it was quite easy to do, but Windows 7 doesn't have a slideshow button on any folder except for the 'My Pictures' folder, which is rather annoying. I've googled this but haven't found any answers.

Have you tried changing the folder properties to be Pictures? YOu can do this via Right Click > Properties > Customise and then there should be an option. Alternatively, you can move the pictures to the My Pictures folder and there should be a SlideShow option in the top toolbar.

Have you tried changing the folder properties to be Pictures? YOu can do this via Right Click > Properties > Customise and then there should be an option. Alternatively, you can move the pictures to the My Pictures folder and there should be a SlideShow option in the top toolbar.

I tried this but there is no "Customise" option - I'll put up a screenshot in a mo.

In the end I went to My Pictures, then went to the options and added the folder which contains all my digital camera pictures - that got round the problem.

I tried this but there is no "Customise" option - I'll put up a screenshot in a mo.

In the end I went to My Pictures, then went to the options and added the folder which contains all my digital camera pictures - that got round the problem.

Untitled.jpg

See, no option to "Customise" :frusty:

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for a new computer with Windows 7 either pre installed or not - if not, one that can run Windows 7.

Saw one at Comet, but it had no sound card.

What do you mean no Sound card ? :blink:

It doesn't have to have a sound card and computers from Comet/Dixons normally dont actually have Sound cards.

Instead they have Onboard Sound, which provides you with a sound port directly off the Motherboard.

As in, integrated graphics and that?

It didn't say that!

Yeah but Integrated graphics is garbage :P

Onboard sound is similar yes, as its on the mobo. What mobo is actually with the PC?

Normally as I said, they just naturally come with onboard sound so Its probably not worth mentioning. It would very odd to sell a PC with no Sound device.

Archived