Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Windows 7

Yeah but Integrated graphics is garbage :P

Onboard sound is similar yes, as its on the mobo. What mobo is actually with the PC?

Normally as I said, they just naturally come with onboard sound so Its probably not worth mentioning. It would very odd to sell a PC with no Sound device.

I know.

In fact, I have just seen a better one at Currys so the Comet one has gone down the drain now lol

AMD Phenom X3 8550 Triple-Core <LI class=indentFeature>(2.20GHz, 2MB Cache) <LI>Genuine Windows® Vista Home Premium <LI>3GB DDR2 memory <LI>320GB SATA hard drive

£239.99

Processor: AMD Athlon x2

RAM): 3 GB

Hard drive: 640 GB

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Shared graphics: Nvidia GF9200

£289.99

:dunno:

My current PC is 4-5 years old now, and thats why I want a new one - it's too expensive to upgrade/build one from scratch.

My (almost) new laptop has Vista but I've the option through Dell (who advised this system would be eligible when I got it) to get Windows 7 just for the cost of P&P. How easy will it be to install if I decide to upgrade? Will I lose all the stuff I currently have on my PC? I really want to avoid the faff of having to back everything up then re-install it. :/ Might just stick with Vista if it's too much hassle to change.

My (almost) new laptop has Vista but I've the option through Dell (who advised this system would be eligible when I got it) to get Windows 7 just for the cost of P&P. How easy will it be to install if I decide to upgrade? Will I lose all the stuff I currently have on my PC? I really want to avoid the faff of having to back everything up then re-install it. :/ Might just stick with Vista if it's too much hassle to change.

Just stick with Vista then I suppose.

Installation could take ages, at college, it took me 4 hours to do XP and then Office Enterprise (as I do IT at College).

And, yes, you might have to back everything up that is indispensible such as photos and all that. But, if you have an external hard drive or something it should be ok.

Can't really comment much because I have never used Vista/7 - although that shouldn't matter, it's only another o/s.

No. Just normal. Just saw that it didn't have one included and got scared, therefore I posted on here :thumbup:

Most new pc's especially in places like comet dont have detailed tech specs. I would be absolutey amazed if it didnt play any sound! lol

I know.

In fact, I have just seen a better one at Currys so the Comet one has gone down the drain now lol

AMD Phenom X3 8550 Triple-Core <LI class=indentFeature>(2.20GHz, 2MB Cache) <LI>Genuine Windows® Vista Home Premium <LI>3GB DDR2 memory <LI>320GB SATA hard drive

£239.99

Processor: AMD Athlon x2

RAM): 3 GB

Hard drive: 640 GB

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Shared graphics: Nvidia GF9200

£289.99

:dunno:

My current PC is 4-5 years old now, and thats why I want a new one - it's too expensive to upgrade/build one from scratch.

Can't see anything about Motherboards there but I mean, I am 99% sure that it will have onboard sound. It does have onboard graphics after all, but I mean you could always ring them up.

No you wont lose anything if you click Upgrade.

Put the DVD in. Load the installer.. Click Upgrade than it installs it for you..

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...ta-to-windows-7

Can't see anything about Motherboards there but I mean, I am 99% sure that it will have onboard sound. It does have onboard graphics after all, but I mean you could always ring them up.

Put the DVD in. Load the installer.. Click Upgrade than it installs it for you..

Yes, sorry about that. Just gave you the specs not the motherboard! lol

Most new pc's especially in places like comet dont have detailed tech specs. I would be absolutey amazed if it didnt play any sound! lol

So would I lol

I am really confuzed now.

It states "Integrated Speakers: No"

Does that mean no integrated sound or is that just integrated speakers?

Will I be able to plug my speakers/jack cable in and hear an output?

I am really confuzed now.

It states "Integrated Speakers: No"

Does that mean no integrated sound or is that just integrated speakers?

Will I be able to plug my speakers/jack cable in and hear an output?

Are you buying monitors with the PC or just the base unit? It probably means no speakers in your monitor or something..

Id like to sell my computer to fund a laptop, not sure how much its worth or anything but its only a year old mind you.

Seemed like the best place to post this, I doubt anyone will be able to roughly guess its value but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Look on ebay and find simular specs?

No you wont lose anything if you click Upgrade.

Ah, ok. Thanks for this. Doesn't look too painful or complicated so I might be brave and give it a go. :cool:

Sony Vaio any good?

Hmm, I've heard good reviews about them. Odd keyboards, though, if I remember correctly - wide spacing between the keys or something. :unsure: Some people seem to adapt to it very well and love it - when I used one I just found it frustrating, tbh. Probably worth looking at one in PC World or somewhere and trying it first to see if it's something you're comfortable with.

Yes.

You got a link?

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/5...ER-ASPIRE-X1301

Can any one see same/better PC at a even/lower price?

Seen some at Currys that are £70 cheaper with better processor but they have been refurbished.

Are you buying monitors with the PC or just the base unit? It probably means no speakers in your monitor or something..

Just the base unit. My current monitor has speakers in because I use a jack cable to fund the sound and have no speakers.

How can it ever be more expensive to build one than to buy one ? :huh:

Do you think it is cheaper? where are you looking? - what shops and that?

Everywhere where I look (ebuyer, comet, currys, PC World, even Maplin) the cost of motherboards, all the RAM, optical drives, operating system and everything a PC has etc is expensive.

...watch it in expanded HD mode! :thumbup:

They say "a pair of 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550s, an NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT card, 8GB of RAM, an 16GB solid state drive, and four traditional hard drives -- one boots Windows 7, the other one does OS X (Snow Leopard, we believe -- he bought a copy retail), a Ubuntu install in there somewhere, and two other sweet hard drives for video editing. And here's the wacky thing: Total material cost of the system is under $1500."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived