Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Windows 7

just bought the kids a new 1TB comp with Windows 7 last week... general consensus is its "brilliant"

If its for kids, its the novelty of something new :P

Also the new layout would be amazing because its something different from everybody else :)

its all of the other features that most of us admire :rolleyes:

Stop worrying lol .

Yes it is.

I can't lol

I was thinking maybe I'll be worse or something.

However, the laptop is only used for coursework and internet etc

Going to buy it myself for christmas, £30 from Microsoft's student deal :wub:

I can't lol

I was thinking maybe I'll be worse or something.

However, the laptop is only used for coursework and internet etc

Going to buy it myself for christmas, £30 from Microsoft's student deal :wub:

Only until the 3rd January... So hurry up!

Also, 1GB RAM is more than enough for Windows 7 (32bit)... Mine runs perfectly on it. Make sure you have a compatible graphics card for Aero (run a compatibility using this programme.)

Took me 6 hours to download Windows 7 yesterday and then, I deleted the bleedin' file.

It missed out the recycling bin.

I couldn't perform system restore.

I wanted to flip out.

I am now re-downloading it and it should be done for just minutes before we set off for todays game against Sheffield Wednesday at about 11.50am.

I am dopey!

Windows 7 32bit is a good OS - been running it on two computers for a while now, steady has a rock. I am gonna notch up to the 64 bit once I get som more RAM in place, colleagues of mine says it totally rocks.

:thumbup:

So I got Windows 7, and it needs 16GB hard drive space and I only have 8GB lol

So, just disk defragmenting and deleting and removing files and applications trying to make 16GB free.

Got it up to 9.12GB now. This will take me forever.

Jesus, you're not having joy with this. It will be worth it in the end. Trust me. ;)

9.27 GB of free space.

I need 16 GB of free space for Windows 7.

What can I delete or do?

I have deleted some of my favourites, temporary internet files, some music, pictures and documents.

I have run the disk cleanup and disk defragmentater.

I have removed some applications and programs using the add/remove program tool.

What else can I do?

Microsoft DirectX SDK? Whats that?

JS2E Runtime Environment? Do I need that?

Don't want to buy a new hard drive before christmas you see, so I need all the help I can get.

9.27 GB of free space.

I need 16 GB of free space for Windows 7.

What can I delete or do?

I have deleted some of my favourites, temporary internet files, some music, pictures and documents.

I have run the disk cleanup and disk defragmentater.

I have removed some applications and programs using the add/remove program tool.

What else can I do?

Microsoft DirectX SDK? Whats that?

JS2E Runtime Environment? Do I need that?

Don't want to buy a new hard drive before christmas you see, so I need all the help I can get.

What size is your hard drive?

What size is your hard drive?

Really, don't laugh because it makes me laugh too but it is my laptop and it only has a 40GB hard drive. DONT LAUGH.

And, to top it off, the star screws that keep the laptop cover in place have broke so I cannot remove it to put a new hard drive in. Is there a tool what can fix broken star screws?

And, what shall I do with the hard drive? Re format it?

Really, don't laugh because it makes me laugh too but it is my laptop and it only has a 40GB hard drive. DONT LAUGH.

And, to top it off, the star screws that keep the laptop cover in place have broke so I cannot remove it to put a new hard drive in. Is there a tool what can fix broken star screws?

It depends what you have on there, I personally don't store anything on my hard drive as I have all my data stored through my NAS hard drive. I like to keep the hard drive pretty clean on my laptop.

You should first back all your data up and then possibly consider going for a fresh install of 7.

It depends what you have on there, I personally don't store anything on my hard drive as I have all my data stored through my NAS hard drive. I like to keep the hard drive pretty clean on my laptop.

You should first back all your data up and then possibly consider going for a fresh install of 7.

Shall I format it or re format it, whatever it's called?

I have backed up my iTunes which is the only essential thing on there.

Shall I format it or re format it, whatever it's called?

I have backed up my iTunes which is the only essential thing on there.

Yeah with a hard drive that small, I would store everything on a external HDD. This would keep your laptop quick.

Yes something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROTARY-MINI-DRILL-TO...=item1c0ea0f0bd

Yeah with a hard drive that small, I would store everything on a external HDD. This would keep your laptop quick.

So if I did get an external hard drive for christmas or something, and put all of the stuff from my internal hard drive on it, then install Windows 7 on my laptop, everytime I turn the laptop on, do I just insert the external hard drive then?

So if I did get an external hard drive for christmas or something, and put all of the stuff from my internal hard drive on it, then install Windows 7 on my laptop, everytime I turn the laptop on, do I just insert the external hard drive then?

Its up to you, I would say just put your bigger files on the external (music, videos etc) would be the best bet. Or as davieg suggests, buy a toolkit that can take out the internal hdd to replace. Or you could take it to a pc shop and get it upgraded. Hard drive should be easy to upgrade.

Hard drive should be easy to upgrade.

I know, I did upgrade the RAM and then broke the damn screws. Therefore, cannot open it at all now lol

Might take it to the local PC shop in town, they might be able to take it off.

Anyway, just got into the documents and settings folder and have deleted some things I don't need and the free space has gone from 8GB to 13.1GB so another 3GB and I can install it.

Archived