Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

COD Modern Warfare 2

Had a much better evening on it today.

Changed my main weapon to the SCAR (from M4A1) and its made the world of difference - the M4 lacks punch, which means it took too many bullets to finish the job. The SCAR has some power, good range, just recoils a little too much. Good at close range aswel.

Whether or not I'm having a bad day with this, or whatever, I just had an absolute mare online with this. It may just be me, but having owned COD4 on PS3 and now this on 360, I can say for sure that players are far superior online on 360 compared with PS3. Without question. The standard is way better.

I was always top of the charts in domination and headquarters games, and now I can hardly break halfway. It's not just a case of getting used to these maps either. The standard is just better.

If you want a challenge, go 360 online.

And as for saying free for all is easy, some bloke on there was like level 63 and he racked up about 30 kills in no time. Totally solid.

The standard is only better on the 360 because all the 15 year old fan boys who sit around doing nothing but playing COD for 8 hours straight a day play on 360.

I'm ranked a lowly 1.7 millionth on the PS3 user list with about 4 hours of online play since I had the game. I have a few friends that are up around the 400,000 and 500,000 mark but they've done 15-20 odd hours playing. Anyway I decided to look at the overall leader board and the person ranked first has been playing online for over 4 days!!! How long has this game been out!?

I'm ranked a lowly 1.7 millionth on the PS3 user list with about 4 hours of online play since I had the game. I have a few friends that are up around the 400,000 and 500,000 mark but they've done 15-20 odd hours playing. Anyway I decided to look at the overall leader board and the person ranked first has been playing online for over 4 days!!! How long has this game been out!?

My mate's raked up over a day already, he's had it 9 days :rolleyes: So sleeping and COD are currenlty occupying close to 50% of his time :giggle:.

Had my first go online last night, started off averagly, got worse and worse as the night rolled on, ended up getting 1 - 20 in the last game lol.

My mate's raked up over a day already, he's had it 9 days :rolleyes: So sleeping and COD are currenlty occupying close to 50% of his time :giggle:.

Had my first go online last night, started off averagly, got worse and worse as the night rolled on, ended up getting 1 - 20 in the last game lol.

Manny, this statement pleases me :giggle: I actually realise it's not just me that is bad.

I actually improved last night when I put the sensitivity on about custom level 8. I think half the battle is learning the level and then learning not to run around like a moron as it's more of a tactical game. The last FPS I played was Resitance Fall of Man and that was more of a gungho style FPS and before that it was Time Splitters.

Manny, this statement pleases me :giggle: I actually realise it's not just me that is bad.

I actually improved last night when I put the sensitivity on about custom level 8. I think half the battle is learning the level and then learning not to run around like a moron as it's more of a tactical game. The last FPS I played was Resitance Fall of Man and that was more of a gungho style FPS and before that it was Time Splitters.

What game mode are you playing?

What game mode are you playing?

I vary between Free for all and Team Death match.

I am, quite frankly rather pants at the game.

I like the Terminal level best as I've roughly got to know the layout, so I'm generally getting a better kill to deaths ratio on this. I've played around with my weaponry a little and have now found a gun that I like as the one I was using previously was as useful as an inflatable dart board.

Any other advice people could offer for me to limit my swearing and humiliation online would be appreciated. Even my partner and daughter laugh at me as I am out right terrible!!

I vary between Free for all and Team Death match.

I am, quite frankly rather pants at the game.

I like the Terminal level best as I've roughly got to know the layout, so I'm generally getting a better kill to deaths ratio on this. I've played around with my weaponry a little and have now found a gun that I like as the one I was using previously was as useful as an inflatable dart board.

Try Domination or Headquarters if you're struggling mate.

Not too much focussed on kills and you can get XP by capturing/destroying the HQ and capturing the flags on Domination. It's a good way to get used to the game, imo.

Try Domination or Headquarters if you're struggling mate.

Not too much focussed on kills and you can get XP by capturing/destroying the HQ and capturing the flags on Domination. It's a good way to get used to the game, imo.

Cheers, I'll give this a go later on. I appreciate the advice.

Cheers, I'll give this a go later on. I appreciate the advice.

No worries. If I play Team Deathmatch I usually end up near the bottom of the table but if I play a match with an objective (Headquarters, Domination, Sabotage) then I finish top pretty much everytime.

When playing HQ/Domination you probably want to use a SMG because it involves running a fair bit and fast shooting, it's not very tactical, like.

Anyway, see how you get on. :thumbup:

I decided seeing as I was home alone to get some wine in.

Mistake, every time I play this game, the more I drink the worse I get.

Archived