Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

COD Modern Warfare 2

Hi,

I've got a PS3 and got COD MW2 the other day.

When I press: 'play online', it only comes up with either

a) Connecting to matchmaking server OR

b) ONLINE STATUS: Fetching playlists... Updating rank and unlocks... Connecting to matchmaking server...

I can't get online at all and this just keeps going on and on.

Anybody else had this problem? Any help? Thanks in advance.

In the message bit does it say something about the gateway being open or closed?

I haven't been on in ages so forgive me if it's not that but I think it is; bottom left??

Nope...

Check your 'NAT type' settings.

If it says NAT closed, you're buggered. You'll have to set up some sort of settings for your PS3 through your router settings.

Up until CODMW2 I had no problems connecting to anything, whether it be PS3 or 360, and I got the NAT closed straight up when running CODMW2 for the first time.

You need open NAT to be able to connect to a game. It'll find around 50 games to join, 21 or so of which are classed as being 'good' to join.

No problems thereafter.

The NAT info is at the bottom left of the screen before you go into choosing game type etc.

If you need help setting up your router to run 'open NAT' then have a look through youtube, there's directions to tell you what to do there.

Check your 'NAT type' settings.

If it says NAT closed, you're buggered. You'll have to set up some sort of settings for your PS3 through your router settings.

Up until CODMW2 I had no problems connecting to anything, whether it be PS3 or 360, and I got the NAT closed straight up when running CODMW2 for the first time.

You need open NAT to be able to connect to a game. It'll find around 50 games to join, 21 or so of which are classed as being 'good' to join.

No problems thereafter.

The NAT info is at the bottom left of the screen before you go into choosing game type etc.

If you need help setting up your router to run 'open NAT' then have a look through youtube, there's directions to tell you what to do there.

It's says that my NAT type is Type 2. I still can't get online but can play online on FIFA 10 and other games. Only on CODMW2 that I can't.

Thanks for the help. :)

Anyone up for some spec-ops at some point?

Still looking for 19 stars, needing help in Snatch & Grab, Acceptable Losses, Terminal, Estate Takedown, Wetwork, High Explosive and Armor Piercing.

Xbox360, tag is Nussul.

I did that one. Not on my own though.

Anyone up for some spec-ops at some point?

Still looking for 19 stars, needing help in Snatch & Grab, Acceptable Losses, Terminal, Estate Takedown, Wetwork, High Explosive and Armor Piercing.

Xbox360, tag is Nussul.

I would however 1) not unlocked them yet 2) have no idea when I'd have time to do this. Besides Sunday afternoon for about an hour after football.

No, in my opinion World at War is better than Modern Warfare 2. I do like MW2 however I prefer WaW.

I actually thought the online mode in WaW is better too. It's about skill, mw2 is mostly killstreaks. When I can go 20-2 from kills and some other guy does it from lucky killstreaks, something is not right.

I actually thought the online mode in WaW is better too. It's about skill, mw2 is mostly killstreaks. When I can go 20-2 from kills and some other guy does it from lucky killstreaks, something is not right.

That's a good point, I went 26-4 earlier on estate and at least half of those kills were from a chopper gunner I got from a care package. Although if those idiots will run around in the open while I'm in the air then its their own fault lol

That's a good point, I went 26-4 earlier on estate and at least half of those kills were from a chopper gunner I got from a care package. Although if those idiots will run around in the open while I'm in the air then its their own fault lol

Easily one of the best care package rewards but you can shot down instantly sometimes, AC130 is good aswell cus it takes 3 shots to kill it

If nukes were too easy to get they'd be more common.

If you're fed up of chopper gunners or pavelows then stop being morons and running out in the open, or better yet, use Cold Blooded.

I have no problems with the killstreak system at all - I think it's a vast improvement in the game.

If nukes were too easy to get they'd be more common.

If you're fed up of chopper gunners or pavelows then stop being morons and running out in the open, or better yet, use Cold Blooded.

I have no problems with the killstreak system at all - I think it's a vast improvement in the game.

I never said i was fed up with pavelows etc....i said theyre overpoweered.

Im happy with them, im happy that i get tonnnsss of kills with them....i wasnt complaining.

They just aren't overpowered, though, really.

When we aren't trying to get nukes (five so far, been trying for about two weeks) my flatmate and I run with Harrier, Pavelow, Chopper Gunner and more often than not I'll personally get more kills than both the Harrier and the Pavelow whilst they're in the air. It's possible to have an insanely good streak with one or the other but more often than not they're fairly disappointing.

I like pavelows, i think they are maybe a little overpowered though :P

Only just found out yesterday that to make pavelow count towards you killstreak, you have to get a kill with your gun before the pavelow gets any :]

Archived