Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

COD Modern Warfare 2

If nukes were too easy to get they'd be more common.

If you're fed up of chopper gunners or pavelows then stop being morons and running out in the open, or better yet, use Cold Blooded.

I have no problems with the killstreak system at all - I think it's a vast improvement in the game.

I love it when my opponents get Pavelows and Harriers, I run Cold Blooded and carry a Stinger. :thumbup:

I've only seen a nuke once...

My flatmate and I have about fourteen days of play between us on the 360. It's fair to say that probably about five or six of those days are me and I've only ever been in a Team Deathmatch (it's all I play) that was won by a nuke once.

My flatmate has knocked up five or six nukes himself in TDs and has only seen a couple go off that he wasn't responsible for.

I wouldn't describe them as common. Anyone who would is either seriously exaggerating or has gotten massively unlucky, haha.

What's it do just Merk everyone on the other team?

And it kills your own team so they get a death on their KD ratio thing.

You get killed last though so you get the killstreak I think I remember someone saying.

Same.... :thumbup:

I've got an alright k/d ratio though, ive always had 0.7's but now i got a 1.04

Can't get a nuke either. I have got to 23 kills before but then the game ended :(

Not bragging but i am a decent player,and do get top score a lot and finish around the top of the leader board, but i just can't string 25 kills together.

Can't get a nuke either. I have got to 23 kills before but then the game ended :(

Not bragging but i am a decent player,and do get top score a lot and finish around the top of the leader board, but i just can't string 25 kills together.

Similar. The most Ive had is 24-0 then the game ended, but I dont have nuke unlocked atm.

im not a bad player but have never got a nuke as i dont use the killstreak. best streak i do have is 25 but it was on free for all and the last kill ended the game :) mainly play TD using famas, red dot, sleight of hand pro, stopping power pro and commando pro = lethal combo. opponents moan saying i use a n00b gun but its in the game others have the same options! also loving barrat .50 cal with thermal on bigger maps like wasteland and afghan. my ks rewards are carepackage, harriers and emergency airdrop i just love the lottery that you may get pavelow ac130 chopper gunner and ammo! bit annoying when u do get a chopper gunner though and your team mates steal it as you got killed and to make things worse they only get 1 or 2 kills :(

• 4 months later...

I'm still playing this and I still haven't got a nuke. For someone ranked in the top 2m in the world (score & kills) ...... that's got be to pretty pants!!

My KD ratio is shown as 0.95, however I was fairly poor to begin with as I'd never played COD boefore and down at a lowly 0.13 for a while!! I reckon I average around a 1.75 - 2.00 now, sometimes higher, sometimes lower, trying to dragg it up to 1.0!! Only about another 1000 kills to make up now!!

• 2 months later...

The TAR is only shit at range if you're shit at range.

I'm still running TAR, Heartbeat Sensor, Silencer, Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro (xbox live, btw, so hardmode )

Other favourite classes are sleight of hand pro, stopping power pro and ninja pro with a foregrip RPD as well as Heartbeat + Holographic, stopping power M16.

Mr Finnegan,

How dare you throw accusations such as the above. :crylaugh:

I'm actually a TAR fan, I just prefer the Scars all round performance. ever used SITREP pro? Footsteps are 3 or 4 times louder so you can hear people from further away. I find the H/beat sensor gets in the way and just use the ironsights. What kill streaks do you use? I go for Harrier, Pavelow then EMP or Nuke.

I got a 24 kill streak on that disused fair ground ride the other day and some French bloke killed me. He was tipping all manner of abuse my way!!

I coudln't comment on the difference between PS3 / Xbox .....as I'm not an xbox fan.

I don't bother with sitrep - I don't struggle to hear people coming and I'd rather be silent myself than able to hear others. Ninja Pro is one of the most underused but absolutely brilliant perks in the game in my opinion, I hate playing without it - not for the heartbeat sensor but for the silence.

As for the sensors themselves, they're invaluable if you can learn to both read them and ignore them in equal measure, it took me quite a while to get out of the habit of watching it more than the screen.

In regards SCAR-H, yeah it's a nice enough weapon but without scavenger it's absolutely horrible. Even if you're accurate and not wasteful with your ammunition you WILL run out before you put a decent streak together, especially without stopping power. The M16 is better in every single way than the SCAR, it's more accurate, has less recoil, is effectively a one hit kill with stopping power (two at most), has basically endless reserves of ammunition and is just.. ugh... I don't understand why anyone would pick anything else other than the challenge. :whistle:

I pick the TAR for the above set up because, frankly, it's ridiculous at close range and doesn't need stopping power to be effective - even at distance with a silencer.

Kill streaks I use Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke if I'm actually trying to get a nuke and Predator, Harrier, Pave Low if I'm just playing casually.

Archived