Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

COD Modern Warfare 2

I don't bother with sitrep - I don't struggle to hear people coming and I'd rather be silent myself than able to hear others. Ninja Pro is one of the most underused but absolutely brilliant perks in the game in my opinion, I hate playing without it - not for the heartbeat sensor but for the silence.

As for the sensors themselves, they're invaluable if you can learn to both read them and ignore them in equal measure, it took me quite a while to get out of the habit of watching it more than the screen.

In regards SCAR-H, yeah it's a nice enough weapon but without scavenger it's absolutely horrible. Even if you're accurate and not wasteful with your ammunition you WILL run out before you put a decent streak together, especially without stopping power. The M16 is better in every single way than the SCAR, it's more accurate, has less recoil, is effectively a one hit kill with stopping power (two at most), has basically endless reserves of ammunition and is just.. ugh... I don't understand why anyone would pick anything else other than the challenge. :whistle:

I pick the TAR for the above set up because, frankly, it's ridiculous at close range and doesn't need stopping power to be effective - even at distance with a silencer.

Kill streaks I use Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke if I'm actually trying to get a nuke and Predator, Harrier, Pave Low if I'm just playing casually.

I actually generate noise so people come towards me. I use the Scar in short bursts so manage the recoil quite well.

Fully agree with you on the TAR, waste of a perk to use stopping power with it.

I do have a setup which is scavenger, cold blood and ninja, silencer. I like the ability to be unseen and unheard but use it more for team death match and go compleatley the opposite way to the rest of my team. Then just try and pick people off slowly. I used the setup quite a bit when I prestiged the 2nd time.

I hate people who noob and those people that run around with an invention sniper and shoot at close range. Levels like Vacant and Highrise are terrible for it.

I actually generate noise so people come towards me. I use the Scar in short bursts so manage the recoil quite well.

Fully agree with you on the TAR, waste of a perk to use stopping power with it.

I do have a setup which is scavenger, cold blood and ninja, silencer. I like the ability to be unseen and unheard but use it more for team death match and go compleatley the opposite way to the rest of my team. Then just try and pick people off slowly. I used the setup quite a bit when I prestiged the 2nd time.

I hate people who noob and those people that run around with an invention sniper and shoot at close range. Levels like Vacant and Highrise are terrible for it.

The most useful perk I have is pain killer.

And the standard between Live and PS3 is silly.

I don't see the gulf in quality though really, I have a similar k/d ratio on 360 as I did on PS3 (although it is COD4, assume a lot of pros moved onto MW2?), and I haven't played any sort of COD since I got bored of MW2 last November or so

Is it possible to get a nuke in a care package? Iv never seen it in 3 days of playing time!!!

No ... they are as follows:

14.78% - Ammo

14.78% - UAV

13.04% - Counter-UAV

10.43% - Sentry Gun

10.43% - Predator Missile

9.57% - Precision Airstrike

6.09% - Harrier Strike

6.09% - Attack Helicopter

4.35% - Pave Low

4.35% - Stealth Bomber

2.61% - Chopper Gunner

2.61% - AC-130

0.87% - EMP

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is so much better than MW2.

Call od Duty 4 was amazing still is, no skill involved in MW2 stopped playing it ages ago. Not that im bad at it or anything but the amount of times i got killed by commando was a joke.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is so much better than MW2.

I agree, its so easy to play MW2,

Plus every game you'll be with at least one player who has noob tubes, or a chuffin AA-12 -.-

or a shitty comando lunge, glad thats also being taken out.

Call od Duty 4 was amazing still is, no skill involved in MW2 stopped playing it ages ago. Not that im bad at it or anything but the amount of times i got killed by commando was a joke.

I hate it when people claim there's no skill in something, it really irks me, it seems to be a favourite of gaming nerds as well.

The game takes as much skill as the people you're playing against, end of, whether it's Pong or Halo Reach. Commando really isn't the end of the world, just assume everyone has it and - if you don't - don't let them get close, be aware of your surroundings.

I hate it when people claim there's no skill in something, it really irks me, it seems to be a favourite of gaming nerds as well.

The game takes as much skill as the people you're playing against, end of, whether it's Pong or Halo Reach. Commando really isn't the end of the world, just assume everyone has it and - if you don't - don't let them get close, be aware of your surroundings.

Okay so using a noob tube takes skill?

As a legit 10th prestige the majority of knife kills happens when you go round a corner and you meet someone who is close, you both try to knife you, and they lunge you, simples.

The are elements of skills in MW2, such as quickscoping takes skill, using high recoil guns such as the MP5K takes skill if you can use it efficienty, also moving your way round properly.

But there is no skill In using noob tubes/AA-12 im afraid.

MW2 just seem to be camp, get 7 kills, call in air support, get 4 more kills, call in a chopper gunner, then camp until nuke. I really hated it, could never get into it.

I hope Black Ops is better, but theres going to be all this chopper gunner, harrier and all other air support things, its too much for me to like the game :angry:

Zombies should be a good addition though, same developers as CoD: WaW so they know what their doing.

Well there is skill in the game but commando, nube tubes, AA-12, Spaz, the list goes on isnt skillful to use press one button and it automatically gets them commando is stupid for that even more so when they use tatical knife pisses me off. Just alot of camping in this game, i understand its a differant game but Call of duty 4 was so much better none of this went on. I do well at MW2 got a K/d of like 2.34 or something but even if i do well i still complain i got cheated. Hope that black ops is alot better though :)

Fully agree with this.

No, not at all, I've only got about 14 days playing time.

Altough Noob tubes are the most irritating things in the world!! Along with people dressed in camo with shotguns. Pointless.

I must admit more people now do go for the 7 kill steak, Harrier, which will push you over the 9 killsteak for the Pavelow, which if donw correctly will get you an easy nuke. I'll admit it's how I got my first nuke but a lot of people now use that tactic, so I've recently tried changing to a silent ninja and having an EMP as my highest killsteak! Kinda pointless but heah!!

Altough Noob tubes are the most irritating things in the world!! Along with people dressed in camo with shotguns. Pointless.

I must admit more people now do go for the 7 kill steak, Harrier, which will push you over the 9 killsteak for the Pavelow, which if donw correctly will get you an easy nuke. I'll admit it's how I got my first nuke but a lot of people now use that tactic, so I've recently tried changing to a silent ninja and having an EMP as my highest killsteak! Kinda pointless but heah!!

Yeah that's why there's blatantly a nuke in every single match........ :rolleyes:

Yeah that's why there's blatantly a nuke in every single match........ :rolleyes:

Okay Okay ..... I meant easier nuke Mr Finnegan!!

I've not actually played on this for well over 2 weeks now. I think I may pick up FIFA and make that this years game.

Although I have pre ordered Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 :ph34r: Guilty pleasure!!

Okay Okay ..... I meant easier nuke Mr Finnegan!!

I've not actually played on this for well over 2 weeks now. I think I may pick up FIFA and make that this years game.

Although I have pre ordered Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 :ph34r: Guilty pleasure!!

also ive not played modern warfare 2 for 2 weeks, as i've been working and have been in florida for a week.

i may buy FIFA but im not so sure cause black ops is out very soon :ph34r: .

Archived