Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

COD Modern Warfare 2

Well i've fooked up...

When I was lookin for the best deal on this game, I pre-ordered with Shopto. When I realised there was no guarantee its gona be delivered on release day, I cancelled the pre-order and pre-ordered with Amazon. So I get an email this afternoon from Shopto telling me my copys been dispatched and will be with me tomorrow (should mean Monday really).

So anyone interested in MW2?!

How much you selling it for?

Would anybody be interested in joining a foxestalk clan?

Don't worry ive not spoilt it at all. You'll see why when you play. :thumbup: What are spoiler tags ?

These are spoiler tags, where you highlight it to read the text.

[spoiler]These are spoiler tags, where you highlight it to read the text.[/spoiler]

Confirmed

Argos - £49.99

Makro - £20 (including vat)

HMV - £9.99 when trading in Forza 3, Tekken 6 or Unchartered 2

Gamestation - £4.99 when trading in 2 games (list of games here)

Game - £25 when trading in COD4

Toys R Us - £39.99

Sainsburys - £26

ASDA - £32

Tesco - £25 with another game

Rumoured (No evidence yet)

Blockbuster - Will match HMV, Game and Gamestation

source

amazon have just dropped their price to £32

From what I understand there will be limited supplies at Sainsburys (Fosse park 500 in each format) and asda (Fosse park 1000)

Yes Amazon!

Thats why I love Amazon - they've rewarded the people that have pre-ordered with them by knocking over a tenner off. It'll be back up to £42.99 after release day I'd guess.

It's a disgrace that online shopping sites, such as Amazon, which have a reputation of being pretty competitive pricewise, decide to cut the cost of the game a day before launch.

If I'd pre-ordered it at £43.99 well in advance to find that one day before release with my copy somewhere in the myriad of paperwork that is Royal Mail, I could have paid £32, I'd be pretty annoyed.

I'm chilling out on this one until the weekend. There will be a lot of poor online players at launch and the servers will take quite a beating. It'll be at least a week until most get smooth online play.

Oh and Assassins Creed 2 is out next week - why rush? :thumbup:

Erm, might want to read the post above yours Legend_in_blue!

Indeed. :giggle:

However, as soon as the item is dispatched, which they will have been before the price cut, surely amazon will charge the amount agreed at time of pre-order? Wouldn't this pre-order have established some sort of payment terms with the price stated at this time?

It sounds dodgy to me. I wouldn't want to find my package with an invoice for £43.99 when it could have read £32.

Found this from amazon...

Pre-ordering

Amazon.co.uk often offers items for sale before release. You can place an order for one of these items in the same way as you would order anything else. We won't charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the order to you.

To find out the estimated delivery date for the order, click the "Your Account" button in the top right-hand corner of any page, then click "View Recent and Open Orders". On the next page you'll see a summary of your order with a dispatch estimate next to each item.

So the question becomes, when did the price change occur? Before or after everyone's copy has been dispatched?

Someone's gonna draw the short straw on this one. >_<

Indeed. :giggle:

However, as soon as the item is dispatched, which they will have been before the price cut, surely amazon will charge the amount agreed at time of pre-order? Wouldn't this pre-order have established some sort of payment terms with the price stated at this time?

It sounds dodgy to me. I wouldn't want to find my package with an invoice for £43.99 when it could have read £32.

Amazon do a 'price promise' - any changes in price to pre-orders before release day, that is what you are charged (not if the price goes up though). So if it goes down (like it has done today), thats what you pay.

In regards to paperwork, this wouldnt be a spontaneous thing. It will have been planned. I'd be surprised if the invoices for copies sent out before the price reduction said £43.99 - they'll say £32. Besides, it hardly matters. Your account is billed (earliest) when the items dispatched - I've had nothing come out of mine yet. But when I do, it'll be £32. Everyones a winner.

I am fooking fuming! Play.com have charged my card (end of last week in fact...) and the order has not been delivered! :angry:

Inconsistency. This needs to be addressed.

shopto.net cannot be beaten, generally speaking, in terms of pricing and speed of delivery and service, although as the Reverend points out, customers with amazon on this occasion would appear to be on a winner.

So much for being organised and prepared when it comes to making a pre-order!

Archived