Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

Have you heard anything by Tracey Thorn (formerly of Everything But The Girl),her solo stuff is quite good

Yeah, I've got Love and its Opposite somewhere. Didn't really get into it after the first few listens - found it dreary rather than chilled, if memory serves me correctly! - but I might well dig it out and give it another go. :)

maybe the new Caribou album?

think Broken Bells would be a perfect option

lol I've no idea how you do it but you always manage to come up with suggestions I've never even heard of but that pretty much hit the spot!

Caribou - like this on first listen and I'm sure it'll be a grower once I stop being distracted by thoughts of a gaggle of malevolent elves being let loose in my cutlery drawer!

Broken Bells - mellow and lovely. A bit worried it's a little Coldplay-ish at times, but I won't hold this against it. Nothing too challenging but lovely and chilled.

or maybe dark night of the soul, danger mouse and sparklehorse album features Flaming Lips, Gruff Rhys, Black Francis, James Mercer and loads loads more very chilled very funky

Ah, Mark Linkous. :cry: I'd heard all the hype surrounding this and hadn't realised it had, eventually, been released. Have had a read up about it and it sounds interesting - especially with the range of people collaborating on it. David Lynch? Him of Twin Peaks fame? :blink: Will definitely be giving this a listen as, on paper, it sounds like just my kinda thing. :cool:

Love your suggestions, Jay. Thank you. :worship:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Seeing as how you keep banging on about it I've now acquired me The Suburbs. The jury's still out, but me thinks me likes it. Love some tracks, others I'm a bit more 'meh' about, but on balance a good shout. :thumbup:

Love your suggestions, Jay. Thank you. :worship:

another one to the list then as I'm on a roll!!

Did you ever like The Beta Band? Steve Mason the lead singer has released a solo album this year and it's excellent couple of tunes from it!

been listening to some lesser known artists, or at least I think they are:-

Delta Maid - she's from liverpool but sounds like shes from the delta.

Peter case - Wig! - uplifting blues of yes...uplifting

gemma ray - one of my fave singers at the mo

Seth Lakeman - english folk player/singer

Vandaveer - Fistful of Swoon