Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

41t-bUQ7kmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Besnard Lakes Are the Roaring Night.

Hmm, reserving judgement until I have another listen.

It's the sort of thing Mark would like.... shoegaze-eeyyyy.

41t-bUQ7kmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Besnard Lakes Are the Roaring Night.

Hmm, reserving judgement until I have another listen.

It's the sort of thing Mark would like.... shoegaze-eeyyyy.

YES! Blimey it only took 256 pages of this thread for someone to mention something decent... ;)

I hope the people who saw them at Summer Sundae saw the difference between proper music and "Mumford & Sons"

YES! Blimey it only took 256 pages of this thread for someone to mention something decent... ;)

I hope the people who saw them at Summer Sundae saw the difference between proper music and "Mumford & Sons"

:w00t: Somebody likes something I've posted. I'm stunned.

:yahoo:

Fair enough you're not into Mumford & Sons, but how do they not produce 'proper music'? I've seen them and they are a hugely talented bunch of musicians. It's only since they've had a bit of mainstream success that suddenly they don't produce the right sort of music anymore.

Fair enough you're not into Mumford & Sons, but how do they not produce 'proper music'? I've seen them and they are a hugely talented bunch of musicians. It's only since they've had a bit of mainstream success that suddenly they don't produce the right sort of music anymore.

I really like Mumford and Sons, I don't think anyone can really deny they are incredibly talented musicians and songwriters, I have tickets to see them in October and was actually mighty surprised by the way they went about it. They have avoided going through the usual system of booking through an agency, booked out rock city themselves, promoted it themselves selling tickets through their own website only, using electronic tickets and also charged a reasonable price in £18.50 when every gig sells out they could have easily charged shit loads more.

To me that is proper music and doing it the way it should be done and for that imo they do deserve some credit