Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts

Underrated band in my opinion.

You're just too young to remember when they were rated, is all. :thumbup:

And to be fair, if people think they're bollocks these days it's largely because they are. Molko's music and lyrics were a product of who he was, like a lot of artists that lived very much on the edge of themselves, his output suffered significantly the more he matured and stabilized.

Were one of my favourite bands throughout my teens and I still love the first three records. Sleeping With Ghosts was a reasonable 6/10 album but that's all.

You're just too young to remember when they were rated, is all. :thumbup:

And to be fair, if people think they're bollocks these days it's largely because they are. Molko's music and lyrics were a product of who he was, like a lot of artists that lived very much on the edge of themselves, his output suffered significantly the more he matured and stabilized.

Were one of my favourite bands throughout my teens and I still love the first three records. Sleeping With Ghosts was a reasonable 6/10 album but that's all.

I actually liked Sleeping With Ghosts quite a bit (Special Needs, English summer Rain and Bulletproof Cupid are belters), can't argue that the first three records were fantastic, though. On a completely different level. Without You I'm Nothing was a stunning effort.

They've gone off the boil recently, no doubt, but I can still listen to their new stuff, because when they nail it they can still produce songs catchy as anything. There were a few tracks on Meds and Battle For the Sun that weren't too bad at all.