Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

Thought this was a new release, until I discovered it's a re-release:

Music1_AlbumCover_Heatmiser.jpg

Fantastic grungy/mellow rock from 1996. Portland, Oregon. Say no more.

punk.gif

Shame the band is no more - Elliott Smith, the lead singer, killed himself in 2003.

Never gotten around to listening to Heatmiser properly. Do love the version of Half Right though on that album, which is also on a solo rarities compilation of Smith's released after his death.

Never gotten around to listening to Heatmiser properly. Do love the version of Half Right though on that album, which is also on a solo rarities compilation of Smith's released after his death.

I can't believe I haven't gotten into this album earlier. It's almost perfect. There's maybe three songs in the middle that are a bit... mediocre.

Beginning and end tracks are superb, though. "Let Go" or "See You Later" still have massive radio potential. They do remind me of the grunge times in the Mid-90ies.

Shame only few people have only heard of this band or manage to remember it. Elliott Smith and Neil Gust were both songwriting geniuses, each in their own way.

• Like 1