Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

On 20/09/2024 at 18:06, Lako42 said:

Yea stumbled on these recently. 

Currently listening to Live drugs again. 

New Live album from the war on drugs..... Utterly sublime

Pretty much like  myself  really pal.

Every  now and then you discover a band by accident  that really  hits the spot  - these  certainly do.

At the time I was playing a lot of Mazzy Star and was convinced  Hope Sandoval was in the line up  .  .  .  .apparently not though .

• Like 1

The Collective - Kim Gordon.

Having been somewhat underwhelmed by Fontaines DC new album, Romance (which I fear might be the point that the A+R men get their teeth into them and sanitise them for the mass market :() this has the hard hitting rough edges I'm looking for.

Hard to believe she's 71.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Having been somewhat underwhelmed by Fontaines DC new album, Romance (which I fear might be the point that the A+R men get their teeth into them and sanitise them for the mass market :() this has the hard hitting rough edges I'm looking for.

:blink:

Brilliant set at Glastonbury too

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

New Fontaine's album is 1 of my favourites that I've heard this year, quite surprised by your negative response to it tbf 

5 hours ago, Samilktray said:

New Fontaine's album is 1 of my favourites that I've heard this year, quite surprised by your negative response to it tbf 

Have you heard their previous stuff?

It might just be the disappointment of it sounding different and not what I expected, but my personal feeling is it's watered down, less intense, which will attract some people obviously, but that's what I liked about them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It might just be the disappointment of it sounding different and not what I expected, but my personal feeling is it's watered down, less intense, which will attract some people obviously, but that's what I liked about them.

It's a bit more genre bending I'll give you that. 

I like it but I do get what you are saying. 

57 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Yeah I like the previous albums a lot too 

• Like 1

On 16/09/2024 at 14:16, Spudulike said:

Always trying to find some sort of indie band with female vocals and now going full circle back to the (early, not Love Shack but like Roam) B-52's. Love Wolf Alice but they've not made anything new for a couple of years. Wet Leg were good for a short while.

Any recommendations?

King Hannah

English Teacher

Goat Girl

The Big Moon

Boygenius

Sorry 

Porridge Radio

They’re all worth checking out. Warpaint excellent too if you’ve not heard them before but been around a while now as are Big Thief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

King Hannah

English Teacher

Goat Girl

The Big Moon

Boygenius

Sorry 

Porridge Radio

They’re all worth checking out. Warpaint excellent too if you’ve not heard them before but been around a while now as are Big Thief.

Forgot to mention Big Moon, I defo back this recommendation up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Completely with you on the new Fontaines DC. Lead single is brilliant, but the rest meh.

Has made go back and really enjoy the last one more though.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2024 at 14:16, Spudulike said:

Always trying to find some sort of indie band with female vocals and now going full circle back to the (early, not Love Shack but like Roam) B-52's. Love Wolf Alice but they've not made anything new for a couple of years. Wet Leg were good for a short while.

Any recommendations?

Reckon you might like Widowspeak.

• Like 1