Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

FM09 - Bogey Teams.

We've all got them, surely. We're not talking the likes of Arsenal and Adebayor who are just drastically overhyped. I'm not sure what it is - maybe it's that their computerized tactics always seem to be the rival of yours or that they've just one player that seems to love playing against you. The teams whose stats never quite look that good but who you're 3 - 0 down to inside fifteen minutes.

Zaragoza are my all time worst. In a combined eight seasons across two games, once with Betis and once with Racing, I think I must have beaten them about once. They even got relegated one year, much to my joy, and still managed to knock me out of the Copa del Rey from the frickin' second division.

In England it's definitely Everton. Someone needs words with the so called "researcher" those Scouse tit monkeys elected to pick James Vaughan's stats, what's going on there? It was even worse in 2007 when Andy Johnson was there - guaranteed goals. Could never beat the fuckers even after I'd done Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd all away from home.

Currently though it's Wolfsburg. Contrary to their status as real-life Bundesliga champions this season they're fairly shit on FM09. And they're even worse on my game now given that they've lost all of their best players. I've been in the Bundesliga for three straight seasons, I'm the League champion and I've defended my UEFA Cup. My record against the Green Wolves? 1 - 5! Damn you Grafite you tosspiece!

So. Am I alone in this, or do we all have our bogey teams?

When I played with Celtic on 08 I couldn't beat Inverness Caley Thistle to save my life. They play this really weird attacking tactic, and I would batter them, yet they came away with all 3 points.

Burnley and plymuf

I managed to beat man u(reserves) in the league cup with city but i just couldn't beat burnley or plymuf no matter what line-up and tatics i used.

So you had more than one attempt. That's cheating. :D:P

With my Bradford team (in CCC)- Watford beat me twice in the league and beat me in play off final :@

Also whenever i play in the prem with a team, West brom are almost impossible to beat, fook off ismael miller :angry:

Bolton always seem to take points off of me on football manager, i think ive beat them once in five attempts lol. was sitting 2 points clear at the top the other day and they beat me which allowed Man U to go 1st. Talking of Man U, Rooney always seems to score stupidly good goals whenever and wherever he feels like shooting.

Archived