Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc

Project Natal - xbox 360 motion sensing

Seen this today was unveiled at that e3 gaming convention i think.

looks pretty impressive and very accurate in what it does to be fair.

could be alot of fun. apparently lets you do all the things in games such as throwing punches and footballl skills. logs you on as you walk up to your tv by recognising your face aswell.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210646/proje...are-impressions

The add-on--which currently has the not-at-all catchy moniker of Project Natal--will apparently be able to do much more than the Wii Remote, promising full-motion capture abilities and speech recognition that will let players interact with applications using their bodies and voices.

The Natal device itself resembles a standard camera attachment and looks to have three lights on the front of its black frame. Microsoft says the Natal sensor combines an RGB camera, a depth sensor, a multi-array microphone, and a "custom processor running proprietary software." The company says all these technologies help Natal track people's body movements in 3D, as well as respond to emotion in someone's voice. The new add-on will apparently be compatible with all Xbox 360s and will be bundled with all future 360s once it's released.

As for how you'll actually use Natal, Microsoft used the final part of its E3 press conference to outline some possible uses and applications for the technology.

have a look at it on the internet, theres quite a bit of info if your interested that aint on here. might finally have to get my xbox fixed for when this comes out lol

Oh god not another Wii, this should come with major suckage alert plastered all over it! almost guaranteed to be even more frustrating that the Wii's "controls"

*sigh* the more i see stuff like this the more i feel like going retro....im off to play with my Sega Master System now....

Oh god not another Wii, this should come with major suckage alert plastered all over it! almost guaranteed to be even more frustrating that the Wii's "controls"

*sigh* the more i see stuff like this the more i feel like going retro....im off to play with my Sega Master System now....

How could it possibly be like the wii? YOU are the controller!

depends how great the technology is really, technology adavances quickly and the wiis been out for a while, this has the potentiall to be a very good bit of kit

Hope it lets you do celebrations on Fifa, so when I'm putting my 5th past Jupp i can flick him the v's. lol

i hope not, it already takes the spanish kids about 20 minutes to watch their goals at about 50 different angles. If it lets you do this, you may aswell go down the pub for a bit lol

How could it possibly be like the wii? YOU are the controller!

EXACTLY! so you have even less to throw down when your piss comes to a boil when your bloke on screen won't jump, kick, run or move!!....unless you do the right thing and knock yourself out.

Said to pick up on emotions, not just movement. Having Microshaft assess my emotions would be concernig to say the least.

I can see kids not going out to see real people because they have their 'best mate' at home on the Xbox. It would be like having an imaginary friend but conrolled by M$.

depends how great the technology is really, technology adavances quickly and the wiis been out for a while, this has the potentiall to be a very good bit of kit

Hmm check out the Nintendo Power Glove and how it performed compared to the Wii remote.....the technology has progressed precious little!

Said to pick up on emotions, not just movement. Having Microshaft assess my emotions would be concernig to say the least.

I can see kids not going out to see real people because they have their 'best mate' at home on the Xbox. It would be like having an imaginary friend but conrolled by M$.

HAHA yea im sure that will happen one day but this won't be it, it'll be even more of a jumbled mess as the sensors desperately try and read whats in front of it, i'd put my dog in front of it and see if the lad on screen squats down and takes a shit as well....

Guest Mee-9

Microsoft are planning to incorporate all the consoles in one.

Taking over the world much!!@@!!

I think NATAL looks like a blinged up eyetoy.

Archived