Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc

Best win on football manager

Was talking about this the other day with my mates lol

mine is in my current season with my man city team.

In the group stages of the champions league I had to play Barcelona and didnt think i stood a chance at all away at the Nou Camp. Played the game and did all my tactics as in depth as i could and managed to come away with a 0-4 victory ^_^lol

whats yours?

I was playing with my brother, I was Liverpool, him Chelsea.

I took the lead through Torres, but he equalised through Lampard.

89th minute though, Cech fumbled the ball into his own net.

Beautiful.

About a month ago. This was on aggregate as I beat Racing Club Le Mans (?) 19-0 (11-0 & 8-0) with Man City.

I signed Vela & Hamsik only.

Then after that it wouldn't load my game save for some reason :dunno:

Other than that, 7-2 at Lazio with Arsenal.

There've been too many.

I remember a game when I was Swindon playing Hartlepool away that went like this:

HUFC 0-1 STFC

HTFC 4-1 STFC

HTFC 4-2 STFC

halftime

HTFC 4-3 STFC

HTFC 5-3 STFC

Then in the last 8 mins, I scored 3 goals to make it a 6-5 away win.

Also remember coming from 2-0 down to beat Arsenal 3-2 with Pompey twice in the same season. (in a PL match and Community Shield)

Too many memories of my 08 game that got to like 2035. Shame it deleted itself.

On a different note the best player I ever managed is Des Bradley, came onto the scene in about 2020. Could do absolutely everything, including scoring ridiculously good goals like this.

On this game would probably beating Arsenal 3-1 and Liverpool 4-1, both away in consecutive weeks after I had failed to win or even score in ten games! HEAVEN :rolleyes:

On fm08 I remember a net game where I was Inter and I won 10-0, but someone 'acidentally' didn't save the game <_<

My greatest win ever was on fm08 2nd season Leicester in the prem first game of the season United away 1-0 down at the break, finish with a 3-2 victory thanks to Billy 'the magic' Sharp. :chant:

I was 4 - 0 down to Tranmere at half time, made two substitutions and an awe inspiring half time speech (plus fiddling round with tactics) and I won 6 - 4.

Never again moment really, it helped that they had their captain sent off before half time

Both are a few years back, on the 2007 game I think:

When I was Stoke and I was playing Portsmouth when they had just been relegated from the Prem.

Portsmouth were top of the league and they came down to the Britannia clear favourites.

I went 1-0 down but came back and won 6-3.

Or, when I was Leicester and I played Man United at home in the FA Cup.

They scored first and then again to make it 2-0.

However, I scored and then scored again to make it 2-2 and in the dying seconds I had a free kick just outside the area and Sheehan was over it. He hit it left footed and it went past Van der Sar into the net. YES 3-2 victory.

Only one-nil but my favourite win was

Bayern Munich 0 - 1 FC St. Pauli

In the final of the German cup, taking me to Europe in my first season! I'd sealed the 2. Bundesliga title a couple of weeks before and had gone on some freakish cup run beating Dortumund (who incidently seemed to be my anti-bogey team, no matter how well they performed in the league they never beat me in four years) and Stuttgart en route. Came up against league champions Bayern in the final and was expecting to get absolutely bossed.

Held them off for eighty five minutes before Marius Ebbers pops up at the death, leaping like a salmon, to send us to Europe.

I'd probably have gone anyway because they were in the Champions League but I didn't consider this (or care) 'til much later. lol

• 4 weeks later...

On FM 2007 I was Pompey and managed to get in the Semis of the league Cup and got Man Utd. Drew 1-1 away then at home I was 2-0 down, so I changed it around a bit and suddenly it was 2-2. However, at this point I was going out on away goals when I got a corner, and David James bullet header into the net during stoppage time!

I also remember being Chelsea on 2008 and being in my 3rd Champions League Semi-Final in as many years (never winning one after always going out on penalties). I had played Liverpool at home and due to having many suspensions and injuries I lost 1-0 after almost dominatin gthe game. So the away match I went for it by playing Shevchenko, Drogba and Henri Saivet up front. I went 1-0 down in the first few minutes but then after an angry team talk at half time I won 2-1 going through on away goals.

Another cup match was during my time as Man City manager. I had York away in the 3rd round and decided to play a weakened team. I was two nil down at half time and was absolutely livid. So i threw on Saivet, Maxi Rodriguez and Lulinha at half time and managed to scrape a 2-2 draw with two goals in stopppage time and one being a debated peno. I won the replay 7-0.

Archived