Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Building a PC from scratch

Not sure if this has been posted before.

Has anyone ever built up a computer from scratch? And with that I mean buying the PC case and the hardware, software and cables to go with it!

As I am undertaking an ICT practitioners at college, I have been doing this stuff there and there is a large amount that I obviousley know and understand but just thought instead of buying a computer (been looking at one in Currys) from wherever just build one myself.

Obviousley it is an advantage because I can put whatever hardware and software I want in it instead of buying one which might not have everything I want. For instance, I could pay £400+ for one and then have to pay extra to upgrade the RAM.

Therefore, just wondering if anyone has ever built on up before, I have read that some people on here know there stuff about computers.

Doing some research about hardware and software I want to install so I am ready. :thumbup:

Simples include AMD motherboard, 3GB of RAM, Sapphire ATI Radeon 512mb graphics card etc...

not exactly,

but i had a computer and in the end, i replaced everything, even the case - so i guess i did really - mind you, the MB wasn't a cutom build so i didn't choose much more than the processor...

i guess the difficulty depends on how deep you want to go... many on here will know more than me :thumbup:

What if you don't have the PC so don't have internet? :whistle:

Clever :P

I saw a book once called Build a PC for under £20.

Not sure if thats the title but it was similar to it. I'd love to attempt to build a pc. I've built a robot arm at work. Surely it's not much different.

Clever :P

I saw a book once called Build a PC for under £20.

Not sure if thats the title but it was similar to it. I'd love to attempt to build a pc. I've built a robot arm at work. Surely it's not much different.

Well you'd hope the book would be less than £20 tbh :ermm:

:whistle:

Not sure if this has been posted before.

Has anyone ever built up a computer from scratch? And with that I mean buying the PC case and the hardware, software and cables to go with it!

As I am undertaking an ICT practitioners at college, I have been doing this stuff there and there is a large amount that I obviousley know and understand but just thought instead of buying a computer (been looking at one in Currys) from wherever just build one myself.

Obviousley it is an advantage because I can put whatever hardware and software I want in it instead of buying one which might not have everything I want. For instance, I could pay £400+ for one and then have to pay extra to upgrade the RAM.

Therefore, just wondering if anyone has ever built on up before, I have read that some people on here know there stuff about computers.

Doing some research about hardware and software I want to install so I am ready. :thumbup:

Simples include AMD motherboard, 3GB of RAM, Sapphire ATI Radeon 512mb graphics card etc...

I have done but I would say that it tends to be a little more expensive than buying one off the shelf. I would only really suggest it if you cannot find a PC with the sort of spec you are looking for. :thumbup:

I have done but I would say that it tends to be a little more expensive than buying one off the shelf. I would only really suggest it if you cannot find a PC with the sort of spec you are looking for. :thumbup:

:thumbup: After working it all out, it does seem cheaper just to buy one

:whistle:

I built mine myself a few months ago now, and it's the best thing I ever did with a PC.

Worked out a lot cheaper than buying one on the shelf, and it makes things a lot easier if anything goes wrong, because I know exactly what's in there.

Also makes it easier when I wanna upgrade mine.

I'd definitely do it, it's easy enough, all I did was go onto www.ebuyer.com and just picked the bits I wanted, got them delivered and put them together.

Easy!

I built mine myself a few months ago now, and it's the best thing I ever did with a PC.

Worked out a lot cheaper than buying one on the shelf, and it makes things a lot easier if anything goes wrong, because I know exactly what's in there.

Also makes it easier when I wanna upgrade mine.

I'd definitely do it, it's easy enough, all I did was go onto www.ebuyer.com and just picked the bits I wanted, got them delivered and put them together.

Easy!

Ohh yes cheers then.

Nice response and that's what I am going to do I think.

:wub:

I'm thinking of building one over the summer and drawing up a few specs so far its cheaper than buying one pre-made. Plus I am looking for it to be upgradable as much as possible too so it should last a lot longer too.

I'm thinking of building one over the summer and drawing up a few specs so far its cheaper than buying one pre-made. Plus I am looking for it to be upgradable as much as possible too so it should last a lot longer too.

Get a motherboard with 3 graphics card slots for Tri SLI :D

Archived