Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

FIFA 10

Oh fcuk off my xbox just got three red lights, flashing ones :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

leave it to chill for a bit and it could be alright.

When mine got them, i wrapped it in towels and left it on for bout 20 minutes, then left it to cool down. Used to fix it for a while, apparently it can fix it permenantly aswell

OMFG im sorry, I really am but that is amusing.

Shit lol

At least my Ps3 won't break :whistle:

It's not funny :(

When mine got them, i wrapped it in towels and left it on for bout 20 minutes, then left it to cool down. Used to fix it for a while, apparently it can fix it permenantly aswell

Did it fix yours permenantly? I might try this.

Did it cost to send this off to microsoft?

no. You arrange it on their website. They send you links via email. You arrange a pick up time through one of the links and the other one is a label you have to print off for the box you send it off in. They come and pick it up and then about 2 weeks later you get one back.

no. You arrange it on their website. They send you links via email. You arrange a pick up time through one of the links and the other one is a label you have to print off for the box you send it off in. They come and pick it up and then about 2 weeks later you get one back.

Yeah, i did this also.

I was quite impressed, they replaced a few of the other parts on it too for free.

I shouldn't laugh at this as the RROD is a bastardo! but i just pictured this scenario (ok dramatically done mind) it went something like this

*Sam is playing his X-Box...BANG! RROD hits..*

Sam: OH GOD!! YOU DAMN MICROSOFT PIECE OF................ RIGHT QUICK!! I NEED TO THINK!

*20 mins pass*

*Sam runs into the bathroom*

Sam: TOWELS!! TOWELS!!!! I NEED FOOKING TOWELS!!!!!!!!!!

*Sam collects 15 towels, brought from BHS great quality, Sam wraps his baby i mean X-box in towels*

Sam: There ya go! come on my little bundle of joy no need to RROD on me, come on everything will be fine! who's a icckle fantastic console? you are!!

*Sam continues to praise his 360 while stroking it and giving it love for 2 hours*

*Sam carefully takes the towels off and turns it back on while still giving it the love it deserves and hey presto it's back to normal*

*Sam lights a cigar*

Sam: I love it when a plan comes together!

I shouldn't laugh at this as the RROD is a bastardo! but i just pictured this scenario (ok dramatically done mind) it went something like this

*Sam is playing his X-Box...BANG! RROD hits..*

Sam: OH GOD!! YOU DAMN MICROSOFT PIECE OF................ RIGHT QUICK!! I NEED TO THINK!

*20 mins pass*

*Sam runs into the bathroom*

Sam: TOWELS!! TOWELS!!!! I NEED FOOKING TOWELS!!!!!!!!!!

*Sam collects 15 towels, brought from BHS great quality, Sam wraps his baby i mean X-box in towels*

Sam: There ya go! come on my little bundle of joy no need to RROD on me, come on everything will be fine! who's a icckle fantastic console? you are!!

*Sam continues to praise his 360 while stroking it and giving it love for 2 hours*

*Sam carefully takes the towels off and turns it back on while still giving it the love it deserves and hey presto it's back to normal*

*Sam lights a cigar*

Sam: I love it when a plan comes together!

:huh: yeh, just like that

i heard microsoft can tell if you did the towel trick! i dont know anyway..... i only know 1 person that used the towels and is still using theirs today.... the others werent so lucky!

i sent mine off afterwards and got one back. I think the towels just make it so hot that soldering in the machine melts to keep the wires together

i sent mine off afterwards and got one back. I think the towels just make it so hot that soldering in the machine melts to keep the wires together

no i think the reason you get the red rings is because the console itself heats the components up and melts the solder to make them loose. The towel trick is like rapid cooling, the towels make the console so hot that when you take them off and the fans come on, the console cools dramatically. i think thats why it only lasts a few days!

i got rrod on my arcade last year, about 1 month off until the warrantee was expiring but i wanted a hard drive so i just bought a new one (premium console) and sold my faulty one on ebay.

P.S. no fifa for me, postie has been and gone but my last 2 shopto orders came seperately as you have to sign for them, but ive got work later so ill end up mssing it if it does come!

I went to the leicester one before and they said that the gameworld in wigston keeps there stock for them and delivers it when they get chance. So seeing as places are starting to send it out and sometimes the shop in leicester has games days early then i expect that the one in wigston will. Give them a ring. Their number will be on google.

I live in Wigston. I've been in that shop once, and left after about 2 minutes. Most of the games they were selling were above the RRP! :rolleyes:

Archived