Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

FIFA 10

Anyone else bored of playing against Real Madrid yet :D

Best game so far was a guy wanting to use Villa so I played with Everton. A decent game decided on how good you are... finally

Had a couple of good games with Leicester online earlier. Beat Lorient 5-1, then beat Rapid Wien 2-1. Better than playing Real V Barce/United/Liverpool/Chelsea. :rolleyes:

I like it when people choose less than 5 star teams, makes it more interesting. :)

Had a couple of good games with Leicester online earlier. Beat Lorient 5-1, then beat Rapid Wien 2-1. Better than playing Real V Barce/United/Liverpool/Chelsea. :rolleyes:

I like it when people choose less than 5 star teams, makes it more interesting. :)

Good stuff, I was beating a Derby fan 4-2 (with Leicester) until he quit :D

Played 4 games online last night, the only time I won was when I was Argentina and beat England.

The guy kept picking Liverpool up until that point and every pass of his went to one of his players, he was passing it around me like I wasn't even there. He was too good.

I decided not to click that in case it confirmed them all or something >_> How do I view my messages?

It shud tell you at the bottom in smaller writing how you open the items. I have accepted and rejected offers, it's not hard but you need to make sure you press the right button to open the news items up and read them, I think its X on xbox 360 and square on PS3 but I can't remember for sure. I haven't played it for a few days on Career Mode.

Just come off it.

A rate game against Watford;

Chris Weale got sent off and Robbie Nielson had to go in the net.

Watford hit the bar about 2345 times.

And then, in the 88th minute, Marcus Tudgay headed a Paul Gallagher cross back into the area and theres Steve Howard, yeeeeeeesssssssssssss!

Leicester 1-0 Watford :scarf:

As if; be realistic.

How can you determine if it is on purpose?

Did the plug to the console accidentally get pulled out by your little brother, or did you turn it off because you were losing?

Did you go to the pause menu and quit out because you were losing, because you had to go or because you wanted to play someone else?

Did your connection go, or did you turn the router off?

:rolleyes:

Trust you to stand up for the quitters. The ones in bold are the ones you tend to do.

Whats going on? I'm losing, To the computer!

I can't buy a win online, I'm used to that, but I always win against the computer, this time it's actually challenging!

Other way round for me. I always hear about people winning with rubbish teams on world class and legendary yet I can't buy a goal against professional sometimes.

Yet I get online and people are on average dreadful.

I tell you one thing that bugs me about this, the fact you can't seem to run past anyone with the ball. You have to pass it round everyone making goal-scoring chances bloody hard to come by.

I just keep getting barged off the ball, but can't seem to barge or even make tackles on opponents and when I do it's a foul, frustrating.

Certainly very realistic as far as whistle happy referees go.

Agree with that, is there a way to edit the formations too? I wanna move players into certain areas like you can on PES, I like my wide men...well wide, but I don't think I can do that.

Yep you can, go into the formation part of the team and have a tinker about with it. You should see a option to 'Edit Position' and click on the position you want to edit, e.g to make the right winger move a bit wider or further forward etc...

So here is my Fifa journey so far:

- Started my manager mode with Charlton, an unknown Spaniard by the name of Jorge Sanchez (Don't ask me why)

- Managed to hold Sampdoria to a draw in pre season, went on to lose my opening game away at Colchester 3-2, my first win didn't come for 7 games after some draws and defeats.

- Mid season I was sitting 10th having an inconsistent season so far, I had lost 7 games.

- 1-1 draw at home to high flying Oldham with them scoring in the last minute.

- SACKED, straight after the game the board decided to terminate my contract with immediate effect. Jorge had failed the Valley faithful.

- Two job offers, Bray Wanderers in the Irish League or the challenge of bringing relegated Bristol Rovers back to League One, I accepted the Rovers job and lost my first game away to Darlington before having one of my best games on Fifa with a 3-3 draw at home to Exeter. Jorge is back!

My issues with the game so far:

- The league table at the beginning of the matches are false.

- Shooting seems to have got worse, unless it is purely due to the fact I am playing lower league football.

- I don't like the way it ends the season if you get sacked, why didn't I have the option to save Rovers from relegation? (not that I would have).

- I don't like the fact that your virtual pro follows where ever you go, I would love to see mine (yes I created myself!) spread his wings.

- Headers seem to always blaze over (again this could be the league I am playing in).

- Goalkeepers seem to flap at everything.

I tell you one thing that bugs me about this, the fact you can't seem to run past anyone with the ball. You have to pass it round everyone making goal-scoring chances bloody hard to come by.

Yeah this pisses me off, if i get the ball with somebody like agbonlahor and steam past john terry 99% of the time he'll catch up and shove me off the ball.

Started my first Be A Pro season with AC Bellinzona in the Swiss Axpo Super League. The change of viewing mode took me some time to get used to, but already in my first game, I unlocked a few achievements.

Am I the only one or is shooting and passing and getting past the defender easier in Be A Pro than with regular games/game modes? Whenever I play the classic FIFA exhibition match or do a Manager Mode league game, the defenders just ease past you, pushing you off the ball almost effortless.

Scoring has gotten harder, but it speaks for the attempted realism by EA - I think it's better that way.

When I beat Newcastle in pre-season as Leicester and every one on here commented that 'it is hard to score goals' and I thought pfft...

But, I actually agree now.

I get in one on one positions nearly every game, and just can't score! :angry:

Just extended my 3 game unbeaten run now though! Can't wait untill I go on Manager Mode again today :scarf:

Remember how damn easy it was to score 1 on 1's back in 08? Just a little side step and you'd stroke it home as easy as pie 99.9% of the time. Using the chip finish isn't working for me as well as it did in 09 either, although i'm beginning to think you have to do it from slightly further out now.

I like the fact that I actually enjoy playing with City now, on some of the other games, they were just too slow to enjoy. Doesn't seem that way this time.

Playing in the rain is also a lot better than last year.

Is slightly annoying that you can't seem to take people on very well and being pushed off the ball gets annoying.

Archived