Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

FIFA 10

Remember how damn easy it was to score 1 on 1's back in 08? Just a little side step and you'd stroke it home as easy as pie 99.9% of the time. Using the chip finish isn't working for me as well as it did in 09 either, although i'm beginning to think you have to do it from slightly further out now.

Yes agree with all that.

Finishing is harder and about that chip finish, its solid. I try and do it all the time but it doesn't go very high and the goalkeeper pushes it away with ease!

I'm loving Fifa 10 so far I havent lost on this yet, playing in the rain is awesome. Only problem i've found with it is you carnt take people on very well which is a shame you always seem to get knocked off the ball easy.

Got my copy through the post (finally) yesterday after ordering through Tesco.com last weekend.

I've finally got round to Manager Mode (I never played it once on FIFA 09!) and it's a lot harder than I thought. I'm playing on world class with Leicester and it is difficult to score goals, but the game is a lot more fluid and quicker than FIFA 09. As people have already said, it's virtually impossible to take players on and if you ever do the defenders are lightning quick chasing back.

That said, I've won 5 and drawn 1 of my first 8 games, which is much more than I expected. I went for the worst sponsorship deal (the one that offers the most money up front and the least win bonus!) which is a shame. Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed that the players fatigue so quickly, although maybe I have the improve my staff to sort that out. I've also not been able to sign any players apart from a crappy African player that I scouted - how do you guys attract decent players to Leicester in MM?

I just keep getting barged off the ball, but can't seem to barge or even make tackles on opponents and when I do it's a foul, frustrating.

Certainly very realistic as far as whistle happy referees go.

You have to realise that only certain players e.g. Drogba and to a lesser extent N'Guessan can run with the ball side by side with defenders without getting barged off it. For weaker players you just have to turn away from the defender.

As for defending, you just need to press X with your stronger defenders (Wayne Brown is a beast) and you'll barge the strikers off the ball easily.

So here is my Fifa journey so far:

- Started my manager mode with Charlton, an unknown Spaniard by the name of Jorge Sanchez (Don't ask me why)

- Managed to hold Sampdoria to a draw in pre season, went on to lose my opening game away at Colchester 3-2, my first win didn't come for 7 games after some draws and defeats.

- Mid season I was sitting 10th having an inconsistent season so far, I had lost 7 games.

- 1-1 draw at home to high flying Oldham with them scoring in the last minute.

- SACKED, straight after the game the board decided to terminate my contract with immediate effect. Jorge had failed the Valley faithful.

- Two job offers, Bray Wanderers in the Irish League or the challenge of bringing relegated Bristol Rovers back to League One, I accepted the Rovers job and lost my first game away to Darlington before having one of my best games on Fifa with a 3-3 draw at home to Exeter. Jorge is back!

My issues with the game so far:

- The league table at the beginning of the matches are false.

- Shooting seems to have got worse, unless it is purely due to the fact I am playing lower league football.

- I don't like the way it ends the season if you get sacked, why didn't I have the option to save Rovers from relegation? (not that I would have).

- I don't like the fact that your virtual pro follows where ever you go, I would love to see mine (yes I created myself!) spread his wings.

- Headers seem to always blaze over (again this could be the league I am playing in).

- Goalkeepers seem to flap at everything.

Have to agree with the points in bold - shooting is much harder. A lot more shots go wide than on FIFA 08/09, even when you really expect them to hit the target.

I've not scored a header yet but all of my headers have been ballooned over, so I completely agree. It's not so easy scoring from corners now!

Scored the best goal of my FIFA career the other day on xbox live. Was Genoa , played a sexual ball over the top which found crespo , first time volley top corner. I actually got a twitch on.

:unsure:

Won the league with Man City on legendary.

Sold a few big earners to bring in David Silva.

Now I question why I didn't sign Messi :(

Spanish league next, most likely Genoa, then Barca.

Should take me ages to do.

EDIT: I meant to put Genoa and Barca the other way around :giggle:

Not doing too badly at the moment.

Playing on Semi-Pro for the Bellinzona reserves, but it's all a little bit too easy. I win by three or more goals difference in my Virtual Pro season. Might have to switch to Professional soon.

Scoring and crossing is easy once you get into it, it's just the controls that are more sensitive compared to last year's version.

Game Face also created. lol

Ive finally cracked scoring on this game now. Ive played a load of online games today and every one. Scored more outside the box screamers than tap ins lol. You just have to set the player up well before you shoot and you can hit them from anywhere

Still haven't signed anybody (apart from scouted players) and I've almost finished my first season - riding high in 3rd. How do you guys buy players? Everyone I try to sign (they're on the transfer list) keeps turning me down for one reason or another. My negotiator is 5/10 - should I increase this?

Apart from that - some bugs in the game:

1. The transfer summary keeps repeating itself - the same players move to the same clubs in different weeks e.g. Sol Campbell moved to Wigan in the first transfer window and the second transfer window. The same goes for all the other players.

2. The computer scores almost every free kick it has from 25 yards, it's so annoying. If they don't score they hit the bar/post.

3. Some of the refs are way too whistle happy - you get penalised for legitimate shoulder barges.

Archived