Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

FIFA 10

Which it pretty much is; it's a polished version of FIFA09, which is what people were asking for. What's the point in including loads of new features, which are pretty pointless, and more than likely buggy? They've fixed all of the bugs from 09 and improved it. :)

Well they didn't do that with Fifa 09 did they?

I couldn't really connect to anyone consistanly or regularly online on Fifa 08 had the same problems with Fifa 09, Which is the reason I won't be buying Fifa 10 when it first comes out, You can soon get it for about a tenner after a few weeks on pre-owned - That's if I buy it at all.

TBH I think it is just EA Sports games in general, I can't see not being able to connect being down to my internet connection - Although that is very shit, but I have no problems when i've been online with GTA/Saints Row. Having said that i've just thought, I had no problems with Need For Speed/World Superbikes games I have which are EA Sports games.

But Fight Night Round 4, I have the odd problem connecting with people online and Fifa is just a joke when trying to connect with people online - Some people have problems, other don't, can't quite work out what the problem is.

I'm just downloading the demo now, but as I said looking at how quick the price of Fifa 08 and 09 dropped, I think i'll be wise this year and what a few weeks till the price of brand new has dropped or pre-owned will be cheap. Most PES players are jumping on the Fifa bandwagon, but i'm half tempted to go the other way and try PES out.

TBH I think it is just EA Sports games in general, I can't see not being able to connect being down to my internet connection - Although that is very shit, but I have no problems when i've been online with GTA/Saints Row. Having said that i've just thought, I had no problems with Need For Speed/World Superbikes games I have which are EA Sports games.

But Fight Night Round 4, I have the odd problem connecting with people online and Fifa is just a joke when trying to connect with people online - Some people have problems, other don't, can't quite work out what the problem is.

That will be your firewall settings I think rather than EA!

That will be your firewall settings I think rather than EA!

How do I change that then?

Just found it weird that Fifa/Sometimes on Fight Night I can't connect yet on GTA/Saint's Row/Need For Speed/WSB, I can connect quite easily and usually consistently.

Matt - you're not the only one with problems connecting online on FIFA. I've had the same problems as well on both FIFA 08 and FIFA 09 - for those of you who don't know, it's when you connect with players in a ranked match and the screen freezes at the team selection page (i.e. one of you can't change team and eventually the player has to quit out). It happens so often. I don't think it's a firewall issue as I can connect online on other games with no problems - it's just FIFA.

Matt - you're not the only one with problems connecting online on FIFA. I've had the same problems as well on both FIFA 08 and FIFA 09 - for those of you who don't know, it's when you connect with players in a ranked match and the screen freezes at the team selection page (i.e. one of you can't change team and eventually the player has to quit out). It happens so often. I don't think it's a firewall issue as I can connect online on other games with no problems - it's just FIFA.

It's just EA games that I have a problem with. I think theres some details of how to solve the issue in some of the instruction manuals.

I've just realised this comes out on the 2nd october at midnight, i've got the friday off school because I dont have any lessons on fridays, nice :)

Apprently it's £27.99 at Tesco if you go at midnight aswell.

lucky bastard. i've got 4 lessons on fridays but thursday afternoons and tuesday mornings off.

I think you're all just impatient, those having problems connecting. It always used to happen to me, but I decided I'll wait for a bit and, eventually, an opponent joins :)

It takes time because they are checking for squad updates etc.

Few things that I'm loving about the demo:

- crossing is now much better.

- defenders will jump and clear the ball with their feet meaning you don't have to wait for it to drop before clearing

- the fact you seem to have more control over players off the ball now. I was pissing around with my keeper and brought him out, the computer strolled round and rolled it towards the empty net. I managed to sprint back with Terry and slide to just knock it wide. Much more realistic.

- defenders clearing the ball with glancing headers rather than defying the laws of physics to bullet headers away backwards.

Archived