Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

What would you like to see in FM 2010

Championship Manager 2010 will have 6 patches throughout the season called season live. This will have all the latest updates, ingoings, outgoings, managerial changes etc. I think this would be great in FM because you could get new challenges like Shearer at Newcastle this season or something.

- Control over stadium design, training ground specifications and most important of all, changing of the club kits every season(it happens in real life why have fm never included it??).

As mentioned in this thread, a manager has no control of the stadium and kits so it won't be reflected in the game.

I still have issues with the mouse control (you can click on buttons at times and it responds rather slowly or you have to try a second time).

Full licenses for all leagues? :dunno:lol

More sound options (crowd noise) - or are there already choices?

A live crowd? :dunno: (3D with no audience is a little... tame...?)

More 3D options (closer to the players)?

Speedier loading times (even with the full database)?

Licenses are hard to obtain for some leagues, it's not just a case of going out and choosing what you want unfortuantley. As for having the 3D cameras closer to the players, this is a legal issue as well, we aren't allowed to get too close (no idea why to be honest)

As for the rest, good suggestions ;)

Get rid of the 3d match engine.

I can see why some people don't like the 3D engine, but a lot of people do....so why get rid of it?

Isn't that what Ricey does?

I wonder how he'd feel about some overtime. :D

I'm not paid for overtime :(

No! But I agree they could improve it a lot, so one can see what's going on, e.g. when a defender stands still and looks on when an attacker snatches the ball and shoots (at least indicate that he's slipped or something)

The match engine, as ever, is being improved constantly.

Go back to basics 01/02 stylee.

Problem Solved

Championship Manager 2010 will have 6 patches throughout the season called season live. This will have all the latest updates, ingoings, outgoings, managerial changes etc. I think this would be great in FM because you could get new challenges like Shearer at Newcastle this season or something.

Will be interesting to see how that actually works, logistically I think that will be a nightmare for them with licenses for fixtures etc.

FIX ARSENAL

Seriously can NOT believe how long this took to come up. They're monumentally overrated on FM game and always, always without fail run away with everything as well as spend £25m on 3 or 4 players a season. Nothing like the real Arsenal!

Also, James Vaughan should be fixed. Outrageous.

Oh, and chairmen stepping in and selling your best players without your say-so for a pittance and no clauses when you know for a fact you could negotiate a better deal. <_<

As mentioned in this thread, a manager has no control of the stadium and kits so it won't be reflected in the game.

Sorry mate ive not followed the other fm thread that religiously but it appears from your other replys that you work for FM. Is this correct?? If so thanks for the info on the other replys, good stuff.

And yes I know stadium stuff and kits isnt the managers job but I just feel it would make things that little bit more interesting.

Like smuts said, this years game has been the worst yet in terms of playability and I cant quite put my finger on why... on previous games I have easily got to 2020 but on this one ive struggled to get past 2012 without starting a new game.

Players celebrating with the fans.

Crowd trouble (Fans beind banned, sections of stadia being closed to due to persistant standing)

Real life news stories such as players getting in trouble with police, deaths, team bust ups etc..

Crowd trouble (Fans beind banned, sections of stadia being closed to due to persistant standing)

Real life news stories such as players getting in trouble with police, deaths, team bust ups etc..

All of that would probably require the age rating to be raised and i highly doubt they'd want that.

Dear Ricey,

With all this FM money you're now making, can i have a free psp please?

Yours Lovingly

Smuts.

-x-

2 more suggestions.

1. A pre season patch so that you can do the deals that your team couldn't i.e. those whose contracts run out in July actually run out in July. Therefore i could sign Nathan Ellington and Leroy Lita for Leicester on frees.

2. Testomonial matches for long serving players, whereby you can pick a world XI to play against a team of the testomonial players favourite players or his current team.

There are bound to be legal issues with such things...

Bit more credit of fans, chairman for winning league.

No steam

Changes in away kit

Bit more wider interaction with players and staff

English non league database (Quorn etc)

More Countries on FM

LMA situations where you are battling against relegation or have to win league

Unlock leagues. (you have to win league eg austra belarus then final leagues are england etc)

Oh and create your own team!

No steam

Changes in away kit

More Countries on FM

Unlock leagues. (you have to win league eg austra belarus then final leagues are england etc)

i would agree with all but the unlock leagues which is unfair on those who play it as a casual gamer just taking charge of their club and seeing how well they can do as manager.

If you go into the data editor you can do this anyway.

The Data Editor is an unhelpful pile of shite though.

Be nice if they completely revamped that and actually made it simpler and easier to understand. It doesn't even tell you what values to enter for half the stuff.

Monkey chanting abroad :dunno:

No steam

Changes in away kit

More Countries on FM

I think that would be quality, Have it as a different option on the main menu like 'Challenges' or something so you could still start a new game with whoever you want. They could add one every time there is a patch or something.

Start off in the lowest ranked league on the game and work your way to Prem/La Liga/Serie A.

Have it in a points system where you would get points depending on where you finish in the league, cup runs, manager of the month, player awards and such like, Winning the league to unlock the next maybe too difficult for some, like people who don't use training schedules, Ozwin. lol

Greece - 4000

N. Ireland - 2000

Austria - 1000

Belarus - 0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The Data Editor is an unhelpful pile of shite though.

Be nice if they completely revamped that and actually made it simpler and easier to understand. It doesn't even tell you what values to enter for half the stuff.

07 data editor was nice and simple. loved that game.

Archived