Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

hi new to this forum ortho have been reading comments for years. I have been going down the city since I was eleven and was brought up in filbert street. used to love the old stadium went down when it was standing in sk3 then men used to look after me being a wee girl.my favourite player was keith weller. I am good at debating and speak my mind I am leicester through and through and amaze men with my knoledge of football. premier leaugue here we come :)

Not actually a Foxes fan - I support Manchester City (have done 33 years).and wanted to congratulate you all on your promotion. I'm very pleased for you. It will be good to have a club with such good, loyal support in the top flight.

Don't know why - always had a soft spot for Leicester since I was a lad playing subbuteo (!!) in the 70s and remember your Lineker/Lynex team and before that vaguely Sammels/Birchenall era. Of course I recall well a young 'Old' Leicester City side inspired by Keith Weller in tights  beating "Old' First Division Norwich 3-0 on Match of the Day in an FA Cup tie when just about every game was off due to bad weather,

I coincidentally went out with a Leicester girl for a few years - none of her four brothers supported you which I found strange - they preferred Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal etc.. Oh dear, glory hunters!

You have a great club, great fans - you made plenty of noise and stayed to the end (it always irks me when peopl leave agame early!) when we played you over there in Dec. You always have a good away following too. I have always found yours a friendly club and fans (never encountered The Baby Squad though!). It will be good to have a proper club with proper support back in the Premier League - to counter balance the plastics that latch onto the $ky 4.

Being half Indian I also have a link coming a family of East Bengal supporters (I was born here one side of my family are in Kolkata) - I once saw Leicester and East Bengal play at the Walkers. Is there still a link with East Bengal? I follow them as well as our beloved Manchester City.

I've been to Filbert Street/Crisp Bowl/King Power many times.
I have had some great days out in Leicester...2011 when there was the red n black scarves and Neil Young (scorer of the winning goal in the 1969 FA Cup FInal to those too young!) tribute. Exciting game (we nearly chucked it away), Cracking atmosphere and we got you back home where we triumphed on our way to our first trophy in 35 years.

My first trip to Leicester was 86/87 where we sadly lost a relegation dog-mauling (it certainly wasn't a dogfight) 4-0. Everything that could go wrong went wrong....a short Stevey Redmond backpass sticking in the mud..Perry Suckling couldn't catch a bar of soap in Strangeways (or nearby Leicester prison) that day. Alan Smith (later of Arsenal) kept sticking out his gangly legs to score a couple. We knew we were going down after that day even if there was a way to go. We were a poor side. Players like Kevin Langley who was dogshit. Still, despite thar we had a good day out and got nicely oiled on the local brew, Everard's Tiger. Both MCFC and LCFC went down in the end with Villa :-(

I remember the following Div 2 season (1-1 draw if I recall rightly - David Pleat your manager?) going into a Leicester chippy and asking for a chip butty (I was trying to be helpful not using the Manchester vernacular "chip barm") and getting tld in noncertain terms "Chip cob"!

It was a tense day out when we eked a vital draw under Kevin Keegan when Dicky fluffed that pen. We stayed up the Foxes went down eventually. Now you'e back and if you check out our Bluemoon-mcfc thread you'll see more than a few of us are pleased for you.

Good luck to Leicester (except v MCFC of course), I think and hope you stay up.

Who do you think will mke the grade in the top flight? Where does Pearson need to strengthen?

PS Welcome back to the FIRST Division (let's have none of this Premier League/Championship/League One nonsense eh?!)
Edited by Zabbasbeard_MCFC
  • Like 1

I've been mooching about here for a while now, figured it was time to sign up.

I'll be the awkward new kid sitting in the corner.

Raised a City fan in the shire and have been my whole life apart from a few months as an eight-year-old when I decided I wanted to support Dirty Leeds... I soon realised my mistake and no, I can't explain myself. Apologies in advance.

Living and working in the big smoke now and I get to matches when I can.

Thought it would be worth getting a bit more active on here now I have found the app for this and it notifies me when people reply to my posts and I don't get lost with what's going on!

I forgot my login for my old account on here

I am in Indonesia at the min working so this is my lcfc oracle and check it all the time!

Is fosse FC still knocking about? I played for them for a while years back when I used to come on here all the time! About 7 years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought it about time I make a post, as I've been signed up on this site for over 8 years now!

Originally from Leicester but now working in deepest darkest South London, so at least the trip to Selhurst Park next season should be an easy one.

Let's hope it's not another 8 years before I post again...

Blue Army!

Hi guys

I'm Daniel, I'm from New Zealand. Big fan of Chris Wood as you can see in my username.

Been following Leicester City FC since Woody joined, wouldn't really call myself I fan just a extremely keen follower. Really like your guys club, the way its run, the players and also the management. Obviously I don't see many games as I live on the other side of the world  lol Only see the T.V games unfortunately.

• Like 1

Hi guys

I'm Daniel, I'm from New Zealand. Big fan of Chris Wood as you can see in my username.

Been following Leicester City FC since Woody joined, wouldn't really call myself I fan just a extremely keen follower. Really like your guys club, the way its run, the players and also the management. Obviously I don't see many games as I live on the other side of the world  lol Only see the T.V games unfortunately.

So you saw chris woods wonder goal vs burnley?

Hi  

my names Paul, 27 and a massive LCFC fan, go to as many games as i can, i am a chef and hence the reason i dont attend all matches. i am on twitter so if you wanna follow me its @smiffyfoxes 

open for any discussion so look forward to hearing from you :)

Howdy Everybody,

Stumbled upon this gem of a site about a year ago, a godsend for a freezing fox living in Iceland!

Fell for the club back in 1999 when Arnar Gunnlaugsson pulled the blue shirt over that gleaming bald coconut he calls a head.

Looking forward to sticking around and hopefully celebrating that elusive Champions League trophy soon that we've all been waiting for :scarf:

Lovely avatar! :thumbup:

Welcome!

Hi all!

I've been a foxes fan for all of the 31 years of my life.

I like to read these discussions and always come on to do so but I've only today thought, why not open an account so I can partake.

I hope to give as much knowledge as I can to this site.

It's also going to be my first year next season, where I don't play football myself (because of injury), and this has allowed me hopefully if I'm lucky enough, to get my first ever season ticket, and even more fortunately, for the Premier League.

Up the foxes!

• Like 1

afternoon all, Leicester season ticket holder for 11 years. only miss away games on emergency's or holidays. been a browser on here for a very long time and finally decieded to join to start posting

• Like 1