Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Billy Kee - as Bert predicted Stanley!

Nice to hear that he has signed a new contract with us, and good to see that he has been given the chance to get some first team football somewhere. He probably won't get much first team football for us this season, whereas he will have that opportunity at Stanley.

A loan spell worked for Maxi, and I see no reason why it shouldn't work for Kee.

I'm going to get in first with the surname related puns.

Let's hope that he can unlock some League Two defences.

Thank you and good night. Much love.

Hopefully he goes out and makes more of an impact in League football than Sappleton did. I think that should be the minimum he aims to do.

I think you could play me centre forward for Stanley and I'd have more of an impact than Ricky did!

Would this be the same billy kee that played for the lcfc 11 today at kings lyn?? :S.

lol.

I think the OS may not have written a story on this loan yet because its not true... :S

Would this be the same billy kee that played for the lcfc 11 today at kings lyn?? :S.

lol.

I think the OS may not have written a story on this loan yet because its not true... :S

Read the first post, states he will join accrington on August 1st. :thumbup:

He should be given a chance here you have to take a gamble sometimes on players. I would think this will shatter his confidence and the only ones to benefit will be accrington.

:dunno:

If his confidence is shattered, he won't feel up for playing for Accrington, so how will they benefit?

However, if he goes there, plays well and impresses the Accrington staff, he may well get a chance in our first-team when he returns.

He should be given a chance here you have to take a gamble sometimes on players. I would think this will shatter his confidence and the only ones to benefit will be accrington.

I totally disagree... giving him a go here before hes ready will shatter his confidence more!

how on earth can sending a young player itching for a first team team start on loan to a club where he will get regular games be bad for his confidence? surely staying at the club playing in occasional behind closed doors friendlies and the odd place on the bench will be far worse for his confidence than playing league games, scoring goals and playing infront of fans!!

how on earth can sending a young player itching for a first team team start on loan to a club where he will get regular games be bad for his confidence? surely staying at the club playing in occasional behind closed doors friendlies and the odd place on the bench will be far worse for his confidence than playing league games, scoring goals and playing infront of fans!!

I personally think we are getting the talent through but not giving them a chance here weve see plenty of times players like O Grady and Tommy Wright who were highly but not making the grade at city. Why? is the same thing happening with Chambers. Do we really have no strikers coming through our ranks that we have to rely on a finished Paul Dickov? If thats the case we might as well scrap the academy.

Im not saying we should start with Billy kee every game but if your good enough your old enough end of.

I personally think we are getting the talent through but not giving them a chance here weve see plenty of times players like O Grady and Tommy Wright who were highly but not making the grade at city. Why? is the same thing happening with Chambers. Do we really have no strikers coming through our ranks that we have to rely on a finished Paul Dickov? If thats the case we might as well scrap the academy.

Im not saying we should start with Billy kee every game but if your good enough your old enough end of.

remind me where are those two players now? surely that sort of suggests that they weren't good enough for a higher level of football the cream always rises as they say

remind me where are those two players now? surely that sort of suggests that they weren't good enough for a higher level of football the cream always rises as they say

O'Grady was at Stockport and Wright's at Aberdeen.

O'Grady was at Stockport and Wright's at Aberdeen.

I don't think they ever really got a good chance with us, but Wright will always be remembered for that Forest tap in while I remember O'Grady scroing in the last minute at Luton to gives us the win.

Oh and of course he scored against us last season. <_<

I don't think they ever really got a good chance with us, but Wright will always be remembered for that Forest tap in while I remember O'Grady scroing in the last minute at Luton to gives us the win.

I remember when Tommy Wright scored a fantastic volley against Franchise when they were playing at National hockey Stadium. Only a friendly and i think Isaac Okoronkwo played too lol

OGrady got sold for 50,000 coz the club was in such dire straits moneywise as I recall?

Tommy Wright wasnt good enough IMO, hed have gone onto better things by now if he was Id have thought.

OGrady got sold for 50,000 coz the club was in such dire straits moneywise as I recall?

Tommy Wright wasnt good enough IMO, hed have gone onto better things by now if he was Id have thought.

I think it pretty much confirms my point though I mean they have gone on to make a career for themselves in the game O'Grady has become a bit of a lower league journeyman, Tommy Wright only made 4 starts for Aberdeen last season and scored 1 goal(don't know if he was injured though)

but the point being it's not about them not being given the chance it's about them not being good enough for where we were which is kind of summed up by where they ended up if they were both capable of playing at a much higher level it would have happend by now

Archived