Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nugent

Ashes Cricket 2009

Does it have all the other countries aswell??

Yep, I was all out for 71. lol

I went at it like a mad man, Three wickets down before I knew what was happening, I kept advancing down the wicket to play big shots ended up hitting it straight to a fielder and I just waited for the next ball and the fielder threw it to the WK and he ran me out because I hadn't got back in my ground after advancing. lol

That happened three times before I realised what was going on. :santa:

Bowling is fundamentally the same, whereby you pick a button and the corresponding deliver is bowled ie outswinger, inswinger, slower ball and straight stock delivery. However swing cannot be applied to the ball after the ball is mid flight unlike previous games, this is now done using the shoulder buttons whilst the bowler is running up, I personally found this is bit disappointing but that's only my preference.

Makes it much more realistic, the swing on Brian Lara was ridiculous.

I bought it for the Wii and had a dash last night - I'll warn you, it's not as good as the advert make's it appear!

There was me hoping that the way I stroked the wii remote through the covers would translate to the shot shown on the screen? NO! You have just swing with no great class or straight bat, it's purely timing in relation to the action on the screen that determins what shot you play whether it be cover drive or sweep.

This was a little annoying early on, as I was lunging forward playing a defensive shot, only for the remote to not realise what was going on and my batsman did nothing.

After starting of like England playing at Headingly against the Aussies (47-4) I suddenly got the hang of the game, and got stuck in with KP - he ended on over 200 not out, with the next best being something like 30! True this was the easy level, but it was far to easy to whack the ball out of the ground.

Then there's the field set by the opposition. Clearly initial Mr Ponting was well happy with wickets tumbling, but once the run rate was established at 12 an over (there was one over where I hit 6, 6's of Symmonds, but as soon as I realised you don't get an official achivement I thought whats the point!) he started mucking about, placing everyone around the edge of the boundary - but three dot balls later, in everybody comes. Yet even with fielders around the boundry edge, fours aren't impossible as the CPU is unable to move two fielders at once or at any decent speed.

Anywho - Scumbing to 340 odd all out, it was now my duty to bowl the auzzie's out. Ok Freddie and Jimmy up first. It was well past 2 o'clock as my slogging fest had taken a good hour if not longer (I was tired!) so I decided I'd bowl from a seated position. I got bored after two overs of wicket to wicket esk, top of off stump bowling for no joy - even the perfect balls did nothing. Where's the option to 'computer bowl' and then get back to the much more interesting job of batting, again i say!

So as good as the advert looks, and I can imagine with a group of lads the Wii version would be fun, on your own with the Wii willow is unsatisfying, tiring and not all that much fun.

Hope my comments help some of you take head, and go for a less demanding, button bashing Xbox 360 or PS3 version of the game, as it appears that these are at least slightly better made as they haven't had to consider the extra element you get with the Wii.

First test got the Aussies all out for 615, they got me all out for like 20 and I got a follow on, to which I was like 14 for 5 down, so I got pissed off and quit it lol

Playing online pissed me off, I done a 5 over game, got 43 for 2 off the 5 overs, then somehow my opponent got 47 for 8 off the 5 overs and somehow won by 2 wickets :angry::(

When i saw that the Wii version wasn't having Wii motion plus i decided that it was gonna be poor and im guessing that what it is. Shame really because i was really looking foward to a good cricket game, my wait continues.

I just pissed someone off whilst playing online lol

He messaged me like 'oh let me get trophies', so I let him get me out twice cos im nice like that cos he wanted the hat-trick trophy, then after getting me out twice I decided to just keep hitting it for 6 lol

I got the message 'fook off you tit' via doing that though lol

The game has alot of issues! it's MEANT to be getting patched tho so it might make it better! the problems mainly are run outs, insanely aggressive AI and bowler speeds being a joke ie Anderson at about 75 tops! IF this rumoured patch rectifies them issues then the game will be alot better

Just started an Ashes series on normal. Aussies batted first and I got them all out for 186. I then managed to get 204 despite a poor start with Strauss getting just 1 off 4 balls. KP got 69, and Prior managed 39 and had 5 partners lol.

Aussies got 222 in their second innings, and i'm currently on 46-0.

It's actually a lot better than I thought it would be, really satisfying when you bowl well. I did 3 bouncers and saw them get smacked for 4, then I bowled a slower ball in the same area, messed the batters timing up and watched him top edge it and get caught.

I got it for £25 from ASDA on the PS3, maybe not worth the full rrp but if you get it on the cheap - well worth it!

Got this on the Wii , you have to play at international level as the other 2 are a piece of piss to bat in. I hit 365 all out in 19 overs !!

I like this game for £25.00 you can't go wrong!!

has anybody actually had a test match last longer that a single day though!! seems like you can get at least 2innings out of the way in the morning session alone

If anyone cares - £25 in Asda on PS3 and 360

Hmmmmm tempted by this, and for £25, I'm like Cricket, but not that into it, I played a Cricket game that my cousin in Australia had when I was out there a few years ago, quite enjoyed it, not sure i'd play on it that much though, dunno is it that good to get someone who doesn't mind Cricket but isn't the biggest fan hooked and playing on it alot?

Archived