Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darkzzz_

Post your desktop

I'm using Windows 7.

Right, I've spent a fair few hours on this the last couple of days (student back for the hols) so if you want something like it you've gotta know a little bit about computers, play around quite a lot and read around a bit.

Stumbled upon this website which has a fvck load of customisable stuff for Windows. It's not very well laid out and you only find out what stuff is by clicking on it. A lot of stuff on there is for use with Rainmeter, you can read a bit about it here. It's basically a program which lets you skin/edit/customise the Windows desktop.

Once you have that installed you can download loads of skins at that customize site or at DeviantArt. in the 'customise' section. You get all sorts of stuff, clocks, calenders, buttons, music players, icons, graphics, wallpapers and other little bits and bobs.

The navigation I've used is called RocketDock and it works just like the Mac toolbar at the bottom. This is skinable too. I've used a program to hide the Windows taskbar cause I wanted to replace it with a cooler looking taskbar type thing like the one at the top of my screenshot. Ideally that will act as my new taskbar but I'm still experimenting. I think you can download a tray (the stuff in the bottom right of normal windows) app for it and I'm hoping to find a start button as well.

At the moment that dock and icon set isn't very visible when it's at the bottom so I'm tryna find a way around that. I didn't really design it, took some inspiration of the two main websites I mentioned, there's loads of peoples screenshots on there.

Glad you like it, if you've got some free time, it's worth a fiddle, if you're finding it a bit frustrating you can always keep it simple or even uninstall it and start again. I'll let you know if I make any improvements.

I just want the image! I have a mac so no need customising

Cock, I don't know where exactly. Somewhere early on in the screenshots section of customize.org I believe. There was a link to it on one of the guys setups.

EDIT: What's your resolution + email, I've got a folder with a load in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Friend photoshopped it and sent it to me, I think so anyway. I was looking through my downloads folder and it was in there, with me having a vague memory of that happening. That's not the whole picture, there's a bit more to the right and left, but I think it serves it's purpose, I can upload the file to Imageshack or something if you want it?

Where did you find that background, POTC?

It's fantastic.

I found it in high-res for download here: http://wallpaperswide.com/heaven_vs_hell-wallpapers.html

(If you are interested, the way I found it was by using google image search. You can now give it an image as the input of your search (either by uploading or by giving it an URL) - it let's you quite easily find the source of an image and other sizes)

• 1 month later...

Archived