Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AoWW

Useful Programs Disccusion Topic

Sounds like a good, useful idea, so I've stickied it - if other mods disagree, feel free to change it.

Hitesh - not sure about the access issue, although I agree it's important to keep the thread organised. Might be an idea for you to PM Mark and see if he has a solution? :dunno:

Sounds like a good, useful idea, so I've stickied it - if other mods disagree, feel free to change it.

Hitesh - not sure about the access issue, although I agree it's important to keep the thread organised. Might be an idea for you to PM Mark and see if he has a solution? :dunno:

Yeah, I've emailed davieG but will also send it to Mark to see if anything can be done. Meanwhile, if everyone just suggests any here, I can accumulate them and edit the first post as an when!

Yeah, I've emailed davieG but will also send it to Mark to see if anything can be done. Meanwhile, if everyone just suggests any here, I can accumulate them and edit the first post as an when!

I don't believe it's possible to give access only to a single topic, I'm sure Mark can confirm that or not obviously.

If it's not possible you could always PM me with the exact wording and link and I'll add it.

Or we could just monitor it and delete and posts that didn't have a useful link in them, probably this would be best as it gives others the chance to add to it. I'm happy to keep editing your post if that's .what you want.

Here's a little application that I use on my mac, just shows you basically what's going on inside your machine in terms of memory/disk usage, processing, temps etc.

iStat Pro

Always worth checking out the mac observers MacGeekGab, they usually review some cool little applications along with trouble shooting user queries etc.

These two might be obvious, but I am putting them out anyways:

Google Picasa (very handy tool for organizing your photos, quick editing them or even make a gift-cd or a thumbnailed webpage for fast upload)

Windows Live Sky Drive (an offsite cloud storing service. You can store documents, pictures - whatever - in different folders. Some are public, some are for your friends only, some are secured to you only. Nice place to keep the really important stuff as a secure backup. Free, but you need a MSN-account.)

URL: skydrive.live.com

I don't believe it's possible to give access only to a single topic, I'm sure Mark can confirm that or not obviously.

If it's not possible you could always PM me with the exact wording and link and I'll add it.

Or we could just monitor it and delete and posts that didn't have a useful link in them, probably this would be best as it gives others the chance to add to it. I'm happy to keep editing your post if that's .what you want.

Cheers! :thumbup:

I've added to the list but in future I'll send you the updated list etc if thats ok.

Archived