Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

PS3/SONY = SH*T!

I know this is not relevant to this topic, however I was considering getting a PS3 but some of my mates said that they would only work with a HD TV, doubt whether this is true but I would like to know a way of checking whether PS3 will work with my current TV ( maker Sanyo and model WST2852 / WST2833 well one of the two!)

Any ideas and advice?

I have to admit, not being able to play PS2 games on the PS3 is a MAJOR downfall of the machine. When I bought it, I knew I wouldn't be able to cause you needed to get the more expensive, and larger GB size version to be able to do that... but still, why not make it possible? They'd shot themselves in the foot by doing that as loads of people will have been put off it.

As for this new slim PS3... that's another annoying thing... it's been like 2 years since the PS3 was out, why didn't they just release the slim one earlier and not create the bulky one?

I agree with anyone who says Sony need to sort it out as I'm starting to think that buying the PS3 was a complete waste of money... although some of the games I've played on it are very good.

I have to admit, not being able to play PS2 games on the PS3 is a MAJOR downfall of the machine. When I bought it, I knew I wouldn't be able to cause you needed to get the more expensive, and larger GB size version to be able to do that... but still, why not make it possible? They'd shot themselves in the foot by doing that as loads of people will have been put off it.

As for this new slim PS3... that's another annoying thing... it's been like 2 years since the PS3 was out, why didn't they just release the slim one earlier and not create the bulky one?

I agree with anyone who says Sony need to sort it out as I'm starting to think that buying the PS3 was a complete waste of money... although some of the games I've played on it are very good.

I sometimes think the same thing but when you have awsome graphics and great games there's no need for PS2 games

Yes it's a downfall but not a 'MAJOR' downfall, it does play PS1 anyway.

OR if you care that much just sell your PS3 and buy a Old 60gb Off eBay, there's some great deals :thumbup:

Im not sure if this is true but there's a rumor saying that the PSN store will start realsing 'PS2' Classics they'll most likely be

£7.99, £9.99 or £6.49 like everything else. :thumbup:

Oh and it's not really a 'Waste' of money because unlike the 360 you get online FREE :D and the ability to go on the internet.

:thumbup:

Hope This Helps In Some Way :S

I sometimes think the same thing but when you have awsome graphics and great games there's no need for PS2 games

Yes it's a downfall but not a 'MAJOR' downfall, it does play PS1 anyway.

OR if you care that much just sell your PS3 and buy a Old 60gb Off eBay, there's some great deals :thumbup:

Im not sure if this is true but there's a rumor saying that the PSN store will start realsing 'PS2' Classics they'll most likely be

£7.99, £9.99 or £6.49 like everything else. :thumbup:

Oh and it's not really a 'Waste' of money because unlike the 360 you get online FREE :D and the ability to go on the internet.

:thumbup:

Hope This Helps In Some Way :S

Well yes... I guess I went a bit overboard...

But still, it's rather annoying when you have some amazing games for PS2 which won't work for PS3 and their sequels that come out for the PS3 are crap and you want to play the previous version...

But still, it's rather annoying when you have some amazing games for PS2 which won't work for PS3 and their sequels that come out for the PS3 are crap and you want to play the previous version...

This

I Suppose So........

Examples:

:tumbleweed:

GTA SA, GTA IV isn't bad but I loved GTA III, SA and Vice City

and Errrrmm Singstar! Loved The Original but hate I the new one :@

Might Get Singstar Mowtown :P

It isn't, but it's a pain in the arse to program games for it.

These exclusives keep getting postponed and my PS3 is gathering as much dust as the missus' wii.

I agree... the games that are being brought out on the PS3 just aren't good enough or coming out often enough. I have some good games on it, but because I can't play my games that I love from the PS2 on it, it doesn't get as much use as it should for the price it cost in the first place.

I fail to see how its shit. I love mine.

And it can only get better with the games coming out for it. Can't wait.

I love mine, but it annoys me that i can't play classic ps2 games like hitman and mgs 2 on it

I agree... the games that are being brought out on the PS3 just aren't good enough or coming out often enough. I have some good games on it, but because I can't play my games that I love from the PS2 on it, it doesn't get as much use as it should for the price it cost in the first place.

23 March 2007 - all £525 of it.

Was it worth it?

Looking back, Resistance 1 and 2, COD4, MGS4, Dead Space, Uncharted stand out, but apart from that, I'd have to say no.

23 March 2007 - all £525 of it.

Was it worth it?

Looking back, Resistance 1 and 2, COD4, MGS4, Dead Space, Uncharted stand out, but apart from that, I'd have to say no.

2 of those multi-platform anyway.

I'm starting to regret buying mine a little. If it wasnt for the blu ray player (which i use a lot), it'd be long gone by now. For sure.

Archived