Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Why has no-one mentioned this one?

BatmanJokerChoke--article_image.jpg

96% Games Master UK: Arkham Asylum is a game with the power to utterly captivate you and can stand proudly alongside modern classics such as "Resident Evil 4", "Gears of War," and "BioShock"...Simply put, Batman: Arkham Asylum is a masterpiece. [sept 2009, p.66

The demo is quite impressive. Who's tried it?

Game released August 25.

• 3 weeks later...

Played the demo a few days ago, seemed quite good actually - I just dont like the idea that its the 'old' Batman, with his gay grey suit and the joker just looks like a cunt.

If the character models were closer to the characters in The Dark Knight, i'd be all over it. I'll give it a go one day tho, it did seem good to be fair.

I'm on Prototype at the minute, just got it today, £26 off Amazon, so thought I'd give it a go. Seems good so far. Really enjoying the free running, but I can imagine it getting quite tiresome. Done a few missions and its pretty cool though.

Played the demo a few days ago, seemed quite good actually - I just dont like the idea that its the 'old' Batman, with his gay grey suit and the joker just looks like a cunt.

If the character models were closer to the characters in The Dark Knight, i'd be all over it. I'll give it a go one day tho, it did seem good to be fair.

I'm on Prototype at the minute, just got it today, £26 off Amazon, so thought I'd give it a go. Seems good so far. Really enjoying the free running, but I can imagine it getting quite tiresome. Done a few missions and its pretty cool though.

You sir are correct, the novelty of Prototype soon wears off.

This is excellent by the way. First game I've bought on my xbox for yonks and its definitely been worth it. Probably the best game I've played so far this year (mind you, that isn't saying much). The combat is nice, the stealth sections are fun and not too forced, and the little touches about the place are great too.

This is excellent by the way. First game I've bought on my xbox for yonks and its definitely been worth it. Probably the best game I've played so far this year (mind you, that isn't saying much). The combat is nice, the stealth sections are fun and not too forced, and the little touches about the place are great too.

I agree, loving it. When i actually have the time to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered my copy. Looking forward to it. Played the demo and I was quite surprised by how good it was. Comic book adaptations tend to be rather uninspiring and lifeless, but there's a lot of dedication put into this one and it reminds me of Metal Gear Solid to a certain extent.

Great atmosphere and the graphics are ace.

• 3 weeks later...

Completed this the other day, what a fantastic game! one of them games you wish was even longer, it's my fav game of the year i rate it that highly!! I hope they make a sequel which i think they will

Game of the year, without a doubt.

Absolutely fantastic, brilliant.

A game that is plenty long enough when you do the riddles etc...and when you've done that you have the predator/combat challenges (which are rock hard by the way!).

Ive completed the game now, done all the riddles, done all of the predator challenges, and got 16 combat challenges, but i'm giving up now, theyre too hard to get all of the medals!

Gonna go thru it again on hard mode.

Just a fantastic game.

Game of the year, without a doubt.

Absolutely fantastic, brilliant.

A game that is plenty long enough when you do the riddles etc...and when you've done that you have the predator/combat challenges (which are rock hard by the way!).

Ive completed the game now, done all the riddles, done all of the predator challenges, and got 16 combat challenges, but i'm giving up now, theyre too hard to get all of the medals!

Gonna go thru it again on hard mode.

Just a fantastic game.

Agree with game of the year and yes it's long but i mainly buy games for the actual story so the side things don't really get a look in for me dunno why i'm like that but always have been! but i did solve like 75% of the riddles i think but that was mainly due to me doing them when playing the main story aswell

It's a brilliant game - it catches the atmosphere of the comic universe perfectly and there's a couple of places and scenes that really give me the shivers, it's that eerie. I've completed it, found all the riddles, but the challenges are quite hard. I hate those villains with sticks and those electric batons - takes me ages to knock one of them out.

Archived