Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Great PS3 Slim Advert

What's the retail price on this slim effort? £229?

360 Elite £199. Always one step ahead.

Darn 'tootin.

ALOT more likely to break.

Rubbish. And the more they upgrade the hardware, the less they are likely to actually break.

I'll put this out for ya. My first PS3 lasted about 2 weeks until the Blu Ray drive was knackered - a common fault.

I have my first normal 360 i.e not elite for about 18 months before the drive gave in (14days on CoD4, plus about 7 days from my brother, plus a helluva lot of other gaming).

You do the math.

EDIT:

As far as I'm aware, theres only 2 people on this forum with a PS3 and a 360 that arent fanboys, and thats me and Legend_in_blue. And we are both in agreement that when push comes to shove, the 360 is a better all round games console. FACT.

Darn 'tootin.

Rubbish. And the more they upgrade the hardware, the less they are likely to actually break.

I'll put this out for ya. My first PS3 lasted about 2 weeks until the Blu Ray drive was knackered - a common fault.

I have my first normal 360 i.e not elite for about 18 months before the drive gave in (14days on CoD4, plus about 7 days from my brother, plus a helluva lot of other gaming).

You do the math.

EDIT:

As far as I'm aware, theres only 2 people on this forum with a PS3 and a 360 that arent fanboys, and thats me and Legend_in_blue. And we are both in agreement that when push comes to shove, the 360 is a better all round games console. FACT.

I've had a 360 before, but currently have a Ps3. Basically, im not a fan boy, I was just saying that it is alot more likely to break than a Ps3. Playstations, which ever way you look at it, are better built than an 360, that's probably why you end up paying more.

I had my 360 for about 18 months also. I racked up alot of gaming time, mostly on Fifa, Gta & CoD. It broke twice.

I've had my Ps3 for about 9 months and it hasn't let me down (yet). That said, the Xbox is better online, and I do miss it (sometimes). Just the small things, like private chat aren't even available, the layout seems quite shabby, the online store is fairly shite (hardly any demos) but I think that the Ps3 will become better, just give it time. Now, if I was going asked to choose which console I would rather own? Sadly, right now, I would rather have my 360 back.

Sony need to sort it out, and fast, or else I may be returning :ph34r:

Basically, the Playstation lacks basic qualities the 360 has. Even the avatars (I say avatars, more like logos) look shite next to your name (Who the **** wants a picture of a duck next to their name?)

I'll leave this on a plus, Blu-Ray is rather impressive, but I will have to scrape the barrel for anything else, sadly.

I've had a 360 before, but currently have a Ps3. Basically, im not a fan boy, I was just saying that it is alot more likely to break than a Ps3. Playstations, which ever way you look at it, are better built than an 360, that's probably why you end up paying more.

I had my 360 for about 18 months also. I racked up alot of gaming time, mostly on Fifa, Gta & CoD. It broke twice.

I've had my Ps3 for about 9 months and it hasn't let me down (yet). That said, the Xbox is better online, and I do miss it (sometimes). Just the small things, like private chat aren't even available, the layout seems quite shabby, the online store is fairly shite (hardly any demos) but I think that the Ps3 will become better, just give it time. Now, if I was going asked to choose which console I would rather own? Sadly, right now, I would rather have my 360 back.

Sony need to sort it out, and fast, or else I may be returning :ph34r:

Basically, the Playstation lacks basic qualities the 360 has. Even the avatars (I say avatars, more like logos) look gay next to your name.

I'll leave this on a plus, Blu-Ray is very good.

Sony certainly do need to sort it out, and releasing a smaller version is not really going to cut it.

On the matter of Blu Ray, it is very good, but you can get players now for under £150. Lets be honest if the PS3 didnt have the Blu Ray drive it would have died on its arse. It's a real shame because (owning one), I do want to see it do well to prove to myself that I havent wasted £300+..... Thank the lord for the Bu Ray. If the 360 had built in Blu Ray, the war would be over. Simple as.

Sony certainly do need to sort it out, and releasing a smaller version is not really going to cut it.

On the matter of Blu Ray, it is very good, but you can get players now for under £150. Lets be honest if the PS3 didnt have the Blu Ray drive it would have died on its arse. It's a real shame because (owning one), I do want to see it do well to prove to myself that I havent wasted £300+..... Thank the lord for the Bu Ray. If the 360 had built in Blu Ray, the war would be over. Simple as.

True, very true. But my mate just told me that Ps3 are getting BBC iPlayer, which is promising atleast.

EDIT:

:clap:

The reliability issue is an interesting one. PS3's are beginning to fail actually. This is all well and good if you get a decent service out of a replacement/repair, although this appears not to be the case. Sony charge big bucks for this.

When you look at it, a 360 costs roughly the same as a top end graphics card for a PC, and when you look at what it does, it represents good value for money. Ok, so you don't want your 360 breaking down, but I know of noone with an Elite where this has happened.

The PS3 menu system needs a total revamp. These upgrades, version 3.0, 3.2, 4.0 and so on don't cut it. The latest version lets you use the thumb stick to slow play through video. I'm jumping cartwheels. So what?

The fact is most titles released are multiformat. These always run better on 360. Even if the game is identical in every way, it's still better on 360 because the achievements system is far better than trophies. And game content, add-ons, downloadables work better on 360 through the menu system.

LIVE is so much better than PS3, and I suppose it should be if you're paying for it, but the downloadable content such as the Arcade games are great. So much choice.

Ok so Uncharted 2 looks brilliant, and yes I'll get that one, and so does God of War 3, but these two exclusives are about 6 months apart. So two PS3 games in the next two months. Everything else will be better on 360.

And all this give it time the PS3 will improve, by the time it does Microsoft will release their next console. Sony are constantly one step behind and nothing they do this generation will help improve the situation. It's looking more and more like that.

As for Blu-ray, the standalone players are now better and blu-ray cinema systems are entering the market. So the 'it has a blue-ray player' argument is waning fast.

I'm annoyed, believe me, I'm not one for 360 is better than PS3 or vice versa because... and so on, I'm just telling it how it is. I spent £400+ on Sony's super console and, apart from a handful of games, so far it disappoints. Sony have learnt a costly lesson imo.

:clap:

The reliability issue is an interesting one. PS3's are beginning to fail actually. This is all well and good if you get a decent service out of a replacement/repair, although this appears not to be the case. Sony charge big bucks for this.

When you look at it, a 360 costs roughly the same as a top end graphics card for a PC, and when you look at what it does, it represents good value for money. Ok, so you don't want your 360 breaking down, but I know of noone with an Elite where this has happened.

The PS3 menu system needs a total revamp. These upgrades, version 3.0, 3.2, 4.0 and so on don't cut it. The latest version lets you use the thumb stick to slow play through video. I'm jumping cartwheels. So what?

The fact is most titles released are multiformat. These always run better on 360. Even if the game is identical in every way, it's still better on 360 because the achievements system is far better than trophies. And game content, add-ons, downloadables work better on 360 through the menu system.

LIVE is so much better than PS3, and I suppose it should be if you're paying for it, but the downloadable content such as the Arcade games are great. So much choice.

Ok so Uncharted 2 looks brilliant, and yes I'll get that one, and so does God of War 3, but these two exclusives are about 6 months apart. So two PS3 games in the next two months. Everything else will be better on 360.

And all this give it time the PS3 will improve, by the time it does Microsoft will release their next console. Sony are constantly one step behind and nothing they do this generation will help improve the situation. It's looking more and more like that.

As for Blu-ray, the standalone players are now better and blu-ray cinema systems are entering the market. So the 'it has a blue-ray player' argument is waning fast.

I'm annoyed, believe me, I'm not one for 360 is better than PS3 or vice versa because... and so on, I'm just telling it how it is. I spent £400+ on Sony's super console and, apart from a handful of games, so far it disappoints. Sony have learnt a costly lesson imo.

That is a cracking post :appl:

Though I do prefer the layout for one thing, watching movies etc :whistle: The layout overall is just laughable though.

Basically, 360 wins, for now.

I paid £600 for my PS3 pre launch, so it's the initial build

I'll clocked up endless hours of gaming, watched 200+ DVD/Blu Rays through it and it still runs like a dream.

I'm happy with my purchase because it's done what I paid for it to do.

Now, my 360 ... that's another story, that thing lasted for the duration of completing Assassins Creed and then boom .... just refused to work!! .. duff hard drive!! So I went and purchased a Wii instead.

Archived