Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Mac OS X Snow Leopard

snow-leopard-box.jpg

Should be a cracker of an update, looked up the new features and enhancements on the Apple homepage and I'm surely gonna drop by the local store tomorrow morning.

Yep bought mine online today, quite excited, will be much quicker, should allow the computer to do what it's actually capable of - a bit like giving Usain Bolt a nutritionist and tying up his laces for him, before a race.

Tell you what Alexei, You've gotta hand it to apple, I took my magnetic power cable in and mains adapter after the wires near the connection started to show. Guy behind the counter informed me there was a re-call on the item and despite the macbook pro being two years old swapped it for me on the spot, free - said there was a re-call on the product.

Yesterday my macbook switched off whilst disconnected, leading me to believe the battery was shot - it's on 15 odd hours a day and is 2.5 years old... typed in to google, "macbook switches off when disconnected from mains" got 100's of hits saying it was a fault with the battery and if the serial number started 6N on the battery they'de give me another as the item was on re-call... walked into applestore yesterday morning was in there about 10 minutes, and they gave me a new battery for 17" MacBook Pro worth £97.......

Fantastic.

There are those days when I love apple.

N.

Yes Nick, I also love Apple. For another reason:

I heard about Snow Leopard, besides running applications much faster with the new 64-bit technology, clearing up to 6 to 8 GB of harddrive space, since the operating system is much more compact.

Before the update, I had 70.6 GB left on my MacBook Pro.

After installing the new OS X, I check my Finder and look at the new harddrive space available.

OMG! 84 GB available!!!

(Windows users won't really be able to understand this particular joy)

In essence, Snow Leopard has given me about 14 GB of harddrive space back!!! Unbelievable!

I mean, which other operating system does that for you???

And Safari and Mail work much, much faster!!!

Yes, there's days when you just gotta love Apple.

That's interesting, I bought my new Imac just 13 days ago, I wonder if I can get a free upgrade?

This is my first Mac, already a convert; although I think the Windows file system is better than finder. Maybe I haven't figured it all out yet.

Just ordered the upgrade $9.95 for new users.

I bought Iworks but heven't used it yet, anyone had any experience with it. I'm very used to Word and Excel so I'm thinking I'll exchange it.

I'm tempted to go for iLife '09 first, then maybe switch over to iWorks later on. As of right now, I do prefer working with Word and Excel on my Mac.

So is it worth it... Im just about to buy it....

Yes. It's a quality update. Makes working much more smoother and quicker.

I'm tempted to go for iLife '09 first, then maybe switch over to iWorks later on. As of right now, I do prefer working with Word and Excel on my Mac.

Yes. It's a quality update. Makes working much more smoother and quicker.

I just upgraded from Tiger, missed out Leopard and have gone straight to Snow Leopard. I bought the pack with ilife 09 and iwork 09 in it for £129.99.

It's like a new computer.

The speed is awesome but the quality in colour and graphic is simply astounding in comparison to Tiger.

Remarkable.

Oh and 'Keynote' makes power point look like an 'etcha-sketch' toy.

N.

Archived