Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Turtles Head

Football Manager 2009

Hi,

I've had FM09 since it came out and only now do i want to play a friend at a network game. Completely new to me. I've Googled a lot of different things to do with this but neither of us can figure out how to do it. Every time, it just says "cannot connect to server".

We both have wireless, im on a pc, he is on a mac. I don't know what info people would need in order to advise....

Any info appriciated

Hi,

I've had FM09 since it came out and only now do i want to play a friend at a network game. Completely new to me. I've Googled a lot of different things to do with this but neither of us can figure out how to do it. Every time, it just says "cannot connect to server".

We both have wireless, im on a pc, he is on a mac. I don't know what info people would need in order to advise....

Any info appriciated

The host router will be blocking access. You have to open certain ports but I dont know which ones. Sorry.

The host router will be blocking access. You have to open certain ports but I dont know which ones. Sorry.

I have found out which ports need to be open. But i don't know how to open them. I can get onto my router settings page, but i cant find the bit where i control the ports. It's a Netgear router if that helps at all.

Right, thought i had sorted this but i haven't. We both have Hamachi, right ports are open. Both on the same version of the game. Still refuses to connect, saying unable to connect to server. Any ideas anybody?

You shouldn't even have to open ports and stuff if you're using hamachi. I also didn't realise they did hamachi for macs.

You sure you're using the hamachi IP?

Archived