Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

New TV

My old SABA is showing first signs of technological Alzheimer's. It's already about 10 years old.

Now, with prices coming down and FullHD-TVs available for cheap, I'm going to buy one within the next few weeks.

Question is: What type shall I go for? So far, I've browsed the web and been to various shops, looking at the brand collections, trying to figure out which one would be best-suited for me, mostly for using my XBOX 360 and, in a secondary role, watching TV.

Ideally, it's either a 32-inch or (at best) a 40-inch one, although the latter seems a little bit too big for my needs.

I heard Samsung make good all-around, value-for-money models, like the LE-32B530 or the LE-32B550 (which is my current favourite).

In terms of picture/sound quality though, Panasonic and Sony win from what the store staff have told me.

Any other recommendations, folks? Your comments are greatly appreciated.

I'm gonna buy my first flat screen soon and I think it's gonna be a Panasonic. Everything I've had that's made by Panasonic in the last 18 years (stereos and tv's) has lasted well and the audio/visual is excellent.

If you have the funds, and if it's the right size, go LED. Great picture. Otherwise...

We've got a Samsung LCD, brilliant quality, great sound, super fantastically awesome. The only thing that bugs me about it is the 'melody' it makes when you turn it on or off. Bloody annoying, but I'm sure you can turn it off somehow.

It depends on the size of the lcd. If you're looking at under 20", get a Sony. I know of a superb little Sony lcd. The bigger the screen size though, the worse the Sony is. Colours tend to be a little bland and this shows up on the larger screens.

For the larger lcds get a Panasonic. You can't go wrong with Panasonic. Or you could be cool and get a Philips Ambilight tv if you want fancy colours on the wall as well as the screen.

Stay clear of Samsung/LG. They are cheap for a reason.

Oh and if you want a plasma, get a Pioneer, noone comes close to them.

I'm going for a new 40'' Sharp. Made my mind up - shame their LED-LCD line doesn't come with 37'' models, that'd have been the perfect size. But this has to last a couple of years, or else it's going to hurt a lot splashing out that much money on a new TV...

Archived