Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

All things Mac

I wish I had the time to find your anti-Mac rant :P

I'm sure I had a mac rant with you back in the day before you joined the side :D

Free software:

Fancy downloading the match from iPlayer so you can study the second half again and again?

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Internet-Utilities/iPlayer-Downloader.shtml

It's free and it bloody works.

Quality, that is very useful indeed :)

Currently own a black Macbook from 2007 and still runs like the first day i used it, outstanding!!

Thinking its time for an upgrade though, the Macbook is a little heavy when carting it around on a daily basis and the new Macbook and Macbook Pros are no lighter, therefore im thinking of going Air (depending on what updates it gets very shortly), does anybody happen to own one and are willing to share their experiences?

Thinking its time for an upgrade though, the Macbook is a little heavy when carting it around on a daily basis and the new Macbook and Macbook Pros are no lighter, therefore im thinking of going Air (depending on what updates it gets very shortly), does anybody happen to own one and are willing to share their experiences?

I started out on a white macbook in 2007, bought a Macbook Air to replace it and really didn't get on with it, Apple offered to replace it with a newer one (Nvidia graphics, 120gb hard drive) which although better was slow opening applications and booting OS X. The hard drive's are so small that they can't spin anywhere near as fast as the ones in standard macbooks. I ended up replacing it with the Macbook Pro 13" (again Apple very helpful even refunded the difference) I've been really happy with that and am coming up to 10 months usage out of it.

In short, the Air's very good looking and very light, but don't expect it to be nippy, and don't expect it to be as quick as your 2007 macbook. If you can afford it go for the SSD model, these are supposed to be much quicker.

Might be worth popping to the apple store to check the weight of the 13" pro, it's really quite a bit lighter than the older macbooks and feels very solid with the aluminium body.

What's so bad about it? I'm quite enjoying it.

I like to organize my own folders, iPhoto sorts everything by time. Maybe I haven't used it enough but when I imported several thousand images for the first time it sorted everything into events that were meaningless to me. Maybe I'm missing something but I really prefer the concept of moving files about as in "My Computer" or Finder; even when using Finder I haven't found a way of organizing images in the iPhoto library.

I like to organize my own folders, iPhoto sorts everything by time. Maybe I haven't used it enough but when I imported several thousand images for the first time it sorted everything into events that were meaningless to me. Maybe I'm missing something but I really prefer the concept of moving files about as in "My Computer" or Finder; even when using Finder I haven't found a way of organizing images in the iPhoto library.

I might be wrong but i don't think there is a way of doing that in iPhoto, and frankly i don't see the point in adding one. If you're gonna throw them in files then aren't you making iPhoto a bit redundant anyway. I'm sort of stuck in the middle. I personally don't like using iPhoto (i like having them in designated folders like Smudge), but at the same time its the easiest way of me getting them onto my MBP.

I might be wrong but i don't think there is a way of doing that in iPhoto, and frankly i don't see the point in adding one. If you're gonna throw them in files then aren't you making iPhoto a bit redundant anyway. I'm sort of stuck in the middle. I personally don't like using iPhoto (i like having them in designated folders like Smudge), but at the same time its the easiest way of me getting them onto my MBP.

I'm pretty sure you can create your own "events" anyway. I coudl be completely wrong though lol I had mine organised in folders, but those folders were based on time anyway so it was a pretty seamless transition to iPhoto luckily. I just like the facial recognition stuff, and the geographical tagging. I'm such a damn nerd.

I went down to a recruitment seminar at Apple store yesterday.

Learnt a lot about the company and how the stores work. Very interesting. I'm blown away that not only do they make fantastic products, but the company itself is excellent.

Did you know people actually tour the world visiting the new store openings? Amazing.

I'm holding out for v4..... I may turn that one on from time to time..........

Same here - with my current contract running out in about two months, this might just be the opportunity I've been waiting for.

And it better have a 64GB model, as well!!!

Same here - with my current contract running out in about two months, this might just be the opportunity I've been waiting for.

And it better have a 64GB model, as well!!!

Why would you want a phone with loads of memory? I honestly wouldn't use my phone as a media player because it will always be flat when you need to make a call or access the internet.

Why would you want a phone with loads of memory? I honestly wouldn't use my phone as a media player because it will always be flat when you need to make a call or access the internet.

I know that the first two iPhone generations especially had some real issues with battery life, but I expect Apple to have learnt their lessons.

Why loads of memory? Because I love the idea of having one device being able to work as both a phone AND a media player (as smooth as possible).

Also, I don't like having to use an iPod and a cell phone, it's a tad bit complicated and results in more weight than essentially needed.

I see your point but I guess that's one of the biggest technical challenges as of late.

I know that the first two iPhone generations especially had some real issues with battery life, but I expect Apple to have learnt their lessons.

Why loads of memory? Because I love the idea of having one device being able to work as both a phone AND a media player (as smooth as possible).

Also, I don't like having to use an iPod and a cell phone, it's a tad bit complicated and results in more weight than essentially needed.

I see your point but I guess that's one of the biggest technical challenges as of late.

But you aren't going to get a device that can remain switched on for several days and be used constantly, battery technology just isn't there yet. The sensible option is to have a media device seperate from your communications device.

Archived