Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

All things Mac

Any good alternative e-mail clients?

I have Office for Mac and quite like Entourage as I have used Outlook for many years. What pisses me off is that you can't add a "hidden link" unlike every other client on the planet. You have to put the URL into <.....> brackets, bloody frustrating.

So I started using "Mail" but that is so basic it doesn't cut it. I especially like the small window that opens in Entourage to show you the emails without having to stop what you're doing to look at them. A feature not found in "Mail"

I don't like online programs like Google and Hotmail as the html is so limited and the smilies are crap smile.png

I don't know if thats a true browser app, just something i saw on my twitter feed. Something to do with Apple only allowing the shell through, rather than the entire application. Dunno....

Has anyone tried Evernote? I'd be lost without that application, its a note taking app. I pretty much store everything on there.

I won't lie, i'm annoyed about the lack of an iPad announcement. What mac are you looking at?

I was thinking of going for the 13" macbook pro but I am unsure yet, 15" is probably my best bet as I will use it for photography and photo editing, etc.

Yeah i got the 15" just after the unibody's came out in 08, the extra screen space is a lifesaver. I do like the 13"s though, they look so small and portable compared to the 15", and i know its only 2 inches.

That is the thing, I was thinking the 13" would be handy to take with me when I am away. The 15" is very tempting though too. :)

I think I am going to go for the 13" as my first macbook pro, I haven't had a mac since the old iMac days. lol

I spoke to Daggers earlier and he gave me some good advice, he suggested Babylon might have some even better advice. :P

My advice is to wait a few months and then buy it off my housemate who buys and sells Macs for a living :whistle:

Cool, I gather he/she will be selling these new models? Details please. :)

He buys and sells Macs. I'm not sure when he'll be selling the new model. He buys them second hand after a few months and sells them for a profit, so if you want a new one then don't bother waiting! The Mac I bought off him for instance was brand new in December (I've had it for a month). He bought it for about £430 and sold it to me for the same price, although usually he makes £200 per Mac. Last summer I used to get home from work to find him sitting in the garden with a beer in the sun, buying a few Macs. Bastard.

He buys and sells Macs. I'm not sure when he'll be selling the new model. He buys them second hand after a few months and sells them for a profit, so if you want a new one then don't bother waiting! The Mac I bought off him for instance was brand new in December (I've had it for a month). He bought it for about £430 and sold it to me for the same price, although usually he makes £200 per Mac. Last summer I used to get home from work to find him sitting in the garden with a beer in the sun, buying a few Macs. Bastard.

All right for some. I will see how long I can keep my pants on over this new macbook range but I'll more than likely explode. Thanks for the info Alex.

Don't think it's escaped my notice that none of you Mac lovers haven't sorted out my iphone calendar problems.

Oh, and before someone (Crouchback) posts an amusingly titled link to Google, I have already done this, and I have tried the options suggested. dry.png

Those of you following me on twitter will know this already....but i spilt tea on my desk. Its not just any old mug of tea though, o no. This one appeared to magically bounce off the desk, and drop its payload all over my elevated MBP. So thats currently upside down on my bed, iv already taken the battery and power/ usb cables out, and i'v given it a going over with the hair dryer. The bastard also got my DSLR, external HD, wireless keyboard and mouse, and iPhone.

I don't know what happened. All i can say is thank fook for insurance. It looks to be covered under accidental cover, but still here's hoping he pulls through. I'll know on friday when i turn him on.

(it should be said, my brother thinks i'm overreacting. He was in the room at the time, and doesn't think too much of the liquid got onto the laptop what with it being on a 6inch stand. I wish i shared his confidence).

Archived