Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

All things Mac

I was going to go for the 13" but I am going to hold out and save the extra cash and get the 15", I'll only kick myself if I don't wait.

:)

I wish I'd got the 17" - there's no substitute for size.

Apple have delayed the international Ipad launch due to demand.

500k shipped in a week is a pretty good start.

Microsoft having a go at selling phones and an Android tablet coming out :crylaugh:

http://www.electronics-eetimes.com/en/microsofts-kin-marries-smartphone-social-nets.html?cmp_id=7&news_id=222901420&vID=35

Apple-powered virtual windows...from TUAW

Just in time for the weekend, here's a technology that's arrived before its time, I think. Winscape is a set of two plasma televisions set up behind window panes, and hooked up to a Mac Pro. The Pro is running the custom Winscape software, which controls the "view" out of the windows according to a sensor (they show it in the video above attached to a baby, and it actually looks really large and pretty unwieldy). So as the sensor moves around the room, the view changes, as if you were moving angles while looking out of the windows to get a different view.

Oh, and the whole thing is controlled with an iPhone app -- there are a few different views, as you can see in the video above. You can buy the Winscape software for $10 over on the website, and the remote app is $2 in the store, but of course you've got to buy the plasma televisions and Mac Pro yourself (and cut a window into your wall and/or install them all the way you want them). So no, it's not a very practical solution -- at least until houses come standard with video windows.

But it would be great to wake up every morning and be able to look out the window and see whatever you want to see. Maybe someday we'll see a setup like this as a more accessible investment.

iWeb locked while updating a site - enacted a forced quit and now it won't start. Reboots and reinstall has had no effect.

Any experience of this?

Did you just drag it to trash to uninstall it? There will still be a load of library preference files if you did, maybe those are files are still screwing it up. Can use app cleaner to remove everything that is associated with the app you want to uninstall.

Gizmodo's recently discovered a new iPhone 4 prototype that has been reported "lost" by Apple.

Judging by the first impressions and having made some surprising discoveries, Gizmodo were able to debunk all claims that it's just another dummy.

This one's apparently very, very real:

500x_iphone1.jpg

Supposedly "sharper" around the edges (in line with the new iMacs, Apple Cinema Displays and MacBook Pros).

Can't wait for June, to be honest - party time!!

For more details, click here.

• 3 weeks later...

Ipad launch 28th May.

IPAD PRICES

16GB, wifi only - £429 inc vat

32GB, wifi only - £499 inc vat

64GB, wifi only - £599 inc vat

16GB, wifi/3G - £529 inc vat

32GB, wifi/3G - £599 inc vat

64GB, wifi/3G - £699 inc vat

That is a hell of a lot of money. I will be waiting a while I think. Regardless of how good it is. Ibook looks very good value alongside that.

I think I'm getting better at using all three now. My Mac is certainly in use less, and I'm spending much less time locked to my desk. iPad is mainly used for gaming, lightnrt tasks that I'm too lazy to get on said Mac for and watching video. I'll be honest when I say that getting an iPad has affected the money I spend on DVDs.....I'm buying it all through the gorgeous iTunes app.

Apple now bigger than Microsoft according to Media Guardian :thumbup:

:chant:

I really wish i had the balls to go and buy the Ipad tomorrow to complete the set but I really dont need it lol. Bloody sadists bringing it out on payday :P.

Had a play with an ipad yesterday. First impressions the screen is good, but it was quite heavy and I am not convinced it is a good book reader. Some games looked good, I can see it browses web very well. Not convinced it is worth anything like the price though. Very much a luxury item now. Will be interested to see how it develops..

They had about 200 people waiting in queue outside the Apple Store in Zurich yesterday morning - I went past it by tram.

A Scottish bloke even went there at 7pm the evening before and was the first one to be served.

What's all that fuss about?

The people that had their iPad pre-ordered online got it on Thursday already. :giggle:

They had about 200 people waiting in queue outside the Apple Store in Zurich yesterday morning - I went past it by tram.

A Scottish bloke even went there at 7pm the evening before and was the first one to be served.

What's all that fuss about?

One of the best Marketing Dept.

Im going to get me one of those iPads for sure, they are stunningly good, the main aim for me being that it will replace paper in my University studies :fc:

However i won't buy a first generation of anything, im shocked at the sales but as its Apple, it was really to be expected :thumbup:

Archived