Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

All things Mac

As an apple fan it pains me to say it, but I'm getting fed up of all the hype and bullshit that now surrounds their products. Seeing a bunch of geeks queue up for days for the latest gadget, and then seeing them getting applauded and whooped into the store by a bunch of hired cheerleader geeks makes me want to weep.

As an apple fan it pains me to say it, but I'm getting fed up of all the hype and bullshit that now surrounds their products. Seeing a bunch of geeks queue up for days for the latest gadget, and then seeing them getting applauded and whooped into the store by a bunch of hired cheerleader geeks makes me want to weep.

Pretty much this.

I remember the good old days when us apple users (the OS9 days) were ridiculed. Now it seems everyman and his dog has an apple.

Pretty much this.

I remember the good old days when us apple users (the OS9 days) were ridiculed. Now it seems everyman and his dog has an apple.

I'm might get out my first edition ipod and bondi blue imac and scrap all the new shit. I might even dig out my Quadra 650, pop in a floppy disc and reminisce.

It's something I don't get, either.

I mean, queuing for concert tickets is a given, but for an iPhone 4??? For pre-orders???

"Dude, there's a line over there"

Yeah, let's check it out"

(8 hours later)

"That was so totally worth it, man."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

(No Beavis & Butthead puns intended)

Someone I know was moaning about how people always looks for flaws in Apple products (with this whole "holding the iPhone left handed" thing. My response was that if Steve Jobs didn't seem so intent in building up each of Apple's products as though it was going to cure cancer then people wouldn't expend so much effort in looking for flaws.

Someone I know was moaning about how people always looks for flaws in Apple products

I hate the way anyone gives a shit enough to bother.

I like gadgets but the products don't define me. People who tag themselves to brands in order to create a sense of self scare me.

Anyway, my Archos is now dead and I need a new media player - iPad or something Hairy is about to suggest, that is the question.

iPad or something Hairy is about to suggest, that is the question.

I love my touch but I am not sure about the pad. Bit big for what it is. As far as I am aware there is no new wonder gadget thing. Sorry to hear about your Archos, it must be a loss :flowers:

I hate the way anyone gives a shit enough to bother.

I like gadgets but the products don't define me. People who tag themselves to brands in order to create a sense of self scare me.

Anyway, my Archos is now dead and I need a new media player - iPad or something Hairy is about to suggest, that is the question.

Yeah, that too. When I bought my Mac I was always worried about becoming some fawning Apple fanatic. Thankfully I've managed to avoid though, although if I get an iPhone 4 in October who knows what will happen.

Just purchased a new iMac... thank you student discount for saving me another £107, oh and for the iPod touch you get with it for an extra £22.

Bang it up on ebay and get about £120 for it... unless there are any takers on here? :whistle:

Just purchased a new iMac... thank you student discount for saving me another £107, oh and for the iPod touch you get with it for an extra £22.

Bang it up on ebay and get about £120 for it... unless there are any takers on here? :whistle:

Bloody students!!! I bet you are paying for it with your student loan too!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr. Etc. <_<

Where is the Jealous rage emoticon!!/?

Bloody students!!! I bet you are paying for it with your student loan too!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr. Etc. <_<

Where is the Jealous rage emoticon!!/?

Ha no mate I'm 31.

I went and did a 12 week night course earlier in the year and you get an NUS card that you can use to get money off everywhere.

I bought creative suite 5 with the card also for £326... normal price is over £1500 :trumpet:

The course only cost me £170 to go on and i've probably saved a couple of grand using it so far.

Ha no mate I'm 31.

I went and did a 12 week night course earlier in the year and you get an NUS card that you can use to get money off everywhere.

I bought creative suite 5 with the card also for £326... normal price is over £1500 :trumpet:

The course only cost me £170 to go on and i've probably saved a couple of grand using it so far.

Haha, didn;t think you were a youngster, you have been on here longer than me.. :o

I have given my Powerbook G4 a new lease of life with the ebay acquisition of Ilife '06 which is miles quicker on iphoto than the version I was using. New iMac is on the wishlist but looking tight this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

cheers Daggers how do i go about doing that??!

I have downloaded CS5 and do need it, so any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

First, don't fire up CS5. If you have then you need to wipe all traces of it and perform a reinstall.

You need to download the torrent, I used this one, install as per the instructions then go to one of the suggested websites in order to .

PM me if you need anything else.

Archived