Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

All things Mac

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone else have a problem with there Macbook charger burning near the bit that connects to the laptop?

This is the 3rd charger now thats doing it, and I do not want to pay for a 4th charger.

Pay? Ask nicely for a new one at the apple store.

I've worked in IT for over 20 years and remember every copy of windows that was ever created.

I ditched my Windows 7 PC last week for an iMac... I've even seen Windows 8 that comes out next year..

No more slow pc and rebuild every few months.. No more downloading hundreds of patches and virus definitions..

It even backs itself up to a drive without buying additional software...

Mark my words, the age of the PC is ending... The future is smarter mobiles, slates, laptops, netbooks and Mac's..

Who wants a massive lump of metal half the size of a fridge which takes 10 mins to boot and riddled with spyware and crap.. Not I...!!!

I wish I'd made the switch earlier

I've worked in IT for over 20 years and remember every copy of windows that was ever created.

I ditched my Windows 7 PC last week for an iMac... I've even seen Windows 8 that comes out next year..

No more slow pc and rebuild every few months.. No more downloading hundreds of patches and virus definitions..

Mark my words, the age of the PC is ending... The future is smarter mobiles, slates, laptops, netbooks and Mac's..

Who wants a massive lump of metal half the size of a fridge which takes 10 mins to boot and riddled with spyware and crap.. Not I...!!!

Congratulations. Boot? I haven't switched off my iMac since I bought it. Rebooted a couple of times for software updates. Time machine runs itself, and Lion with a trackpad is heaven. Unfortunately I still have to go to work, where my Dell laptop is as painful as ever...

...and when Macs are more popular than PCs everyone will make viruses and spyware for them instead :D

...and when Macs are more popular than PCs everyone will make viruses and spyware for them instead :D

This. I wont start another mac vs pc thread but I certainly think if you have a brain (this part is very important) then a PC holds more advantages over a mac.

Archived