Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

All things Mac

I can but recommend getting the Pro (as can Daggers, Smudge and a few others on here who own one).

Slick, solid design on the outside. The new generation (issued 2009) is even more solid, with an aluminium-based unibody. The battery lasts for up to 6 hours in one go upon recharge - compared to a max of 2 hours with the previous models. Did I already mention the touch-sensitive trackpad or the possibilty of saving your data via Time Machine? And that so far, there's been hardly any issues with Mac viruses and/or malware (since there's too few of them)?

If you're switching over from PC, getting used to the operating system Mac OS X (newest, quickest and most stable version so far: Snow Leopard) can be a bit irritating, as its a slightly different user surface with some other commands and folder and such. As for text editing and the likes, I use Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac.

Film editing? Final Cut (Express). Picture editing? Aperture. And there's a whole bunch of other great Apple (and third party) software you can add. Some of them offer great value for little money - especially the freeware. :D

I bet the folks at your closest Apple Store can help you with some further info, or check out the Apple website here or here.

MacBooks and MacBook Pros have come down quite a bit in price recently, so can't really call Apple "expensive" any longer, rather "more expensive" compared to its competitors.

But what you see is what you get. Best value for money.

So here it goes... one of my resolutions is to save up for one of these badboys..

Anyone got any reviews? Worth getting one?

Cheers

What do you need it for - the Mac Tablet comes out this month

In other news: Virtual Machine is powering away delightfully, Linux and Windows, cheers Smudge :cool:
Smudge - Fusion 3 eBook for free HERE

Sorry for not responding Daggers; been away from FT for a while, working on my family tree "php" and "mysql" web site with huge learning curve, then crimble in Atlanta. I'll have a look at this.

090413_jobs_tablet2.jpg

...but those are going to need big pockets if it's replacing your phone!

Where did you find that photo of me?

And i reckon the i slate will be around 10 inches.

And last time I saw you, you said you had 10 inches in your pocket.

I have fallen out of love with mobile phones. Since being locked away from the world, I turned mine off. I still can't bring myself to turn it back on. It's all so peaceful.

The newest Quad Core 27'' iMac... Now that's unconditional love.

Once I've got my current MacBook Pro and other items sold, I'll go for one.

I'm into editing, but at this point simply cannot afford a MacPro - even the cheapest, basic version has less RAM and more than three times less storage capacity than the aforementioned beauty.

Plus, the new Cinema Displays are outrageously expensive.

About the iMac: It can also be used as an HD-TV, just need one of these little helpers and you're set:

elgato_eyetv_hybrid_neu.jpg

*Drools*

I had the first version of the eye tv 2 years ago

It's not bad but struggles to get all the channels sometimes

Thing is now I have sky player on line and just about every freeview channel can be watched live anyway / Streamed.

My macbook pro does HD too.....

But God that imac looks good.... I'd like that big filthy screen in my room ..........

• 2 weeks later...

Archived