Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

New Motherboard

Bought a new motherboard, it'll be with me in a few days. It's only a year or so newer than the one I have now that's about 7 years old, but newer enough to help me out. All my current hardware should work in it (that and the graphics card that's too new) - so my question is:

it's not just a case of plonking it in, is it? How do I install a motherboard driver? Can I turn my computer on after having changed it and the computer still work while I find the driver for it?

Its pretty easy to put in providing it will fit in the case? Which one have you bought?

The Motherboard itself doesn't need drivers most of the time, if you have an onboard sound card there should be a CD that will come with it which should install the drivers of that.

And Yes, if you have put your new motherboard in correctly, it should boot straight up.

Do you have any experience btw in this like? and putting a proc in? Its not hard tbh :)

I've changed hardware before a bit, this'll be almost the last part of the computer that's original now, I've changed the RAM, Graphics card and Hard drive.

Sound should be identical cos they both use the same onboard sound.

I'm going from this old piece of shit to this slightly less old piece of slightly less shit.

The picture makes the second one look substantially bigger.

Uh oh.

EDIT: Just read up on form factors and ordered myself a niceish case for 13 quid so I'll be fine on that front.

Archived