Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

Loughborough.

Getting severly bored with Leicester town now. Very samey, need a change.

Is Loughborough any good for nightlife? Only went the once as soon as I turned eighteen and can't really remember much of it tbh. Any help/hints on places to go/avoid would be appreciated.

Avoid Loughborough Town Centre.

Getting severly bored with Leicester town now. Very samey, need a change.

Is Loughborough any good for nightlife? Only went the once as soon as I turned eighteen and can't really remember much of it tbh. Any help/hints on places to go/avoid would be appreciated.

Nottingham's Lace Market area is a nice night out and, a good place if you're looking for something different.

Places like Pitcher and Piano (converted Church), Dogma and The Quilted LLama are all excellent bars.

As I've said teel me when you fancy it and I'll see if I'm down.

For a town of it's size it's ok, for me it's decent although it helps that I know faces and there's always good crowds out on the right nights.

Last few times I've been it's Varsity-Amber Rooms-Echos with either Revs or Vice in between (both costly and can be avoided however.)

Really gone off the nightife in Leicester these last 6 months and Loughbroughs been ok whereas sheffield is just insanely good.

Loughborough is shit, everybody's a bit backward and 6 fingered, it's a really odd place. You'll pay the same to get into clubs as you would in Leicester and it's really odd when they shut, like dead on 2:59am, every single place in town goes down and you end up all out of the street, then tons of fights over taxis break out which obviously you lose as you only have 5 fingers compared to the average 6, then it's about 25 quid back to leicester as there are no trains/busses/anywhere else open, it all dies instantly at 3*

*All based on one shit experience, I wouldn't go back though

So much of Loughborough's nightlife is made up of Students that if you're not one of them you can be a bit of an outsider. I've not been out in Loughborough for 5 years, but my parents ran a company on Baxtergate until recently moving and always tell me how much the town has gone downhill recently.

Seems to be a lot of fights these days, and I believe alcoholism is a major problem in town. Don't go when the fair is on, always trouble then.

I seem to remember Echos on a Wednesday is the place to be, but that could have changed.

If you are going, I'd stick to Varsity, Amber Rooms and Revs.

Vice is full of Chavs looking for a fight based on my experience!! Like Unit said above, it's a bit of a free for all when people do start to tip out of places!! I'd advise nipping to get some food, we normally do Feeies, as it's quite central to town.

Loughborough is a student town so the average age is low compared to a night out in Leicester or Nottingham. Your guaranteed to see at least one fight during the night ...... I even saw one person perform a "peoples elbow" on someone in the middle of the street once!! ... students heah!!! The police just stood around and watched as well which was funny!!

Personally if you want to try somewhere new, I'd recommend a trip to Nottingham Lace Market. The choice of bars is far more varied and generally the atmosphere is a lot better. You'll always find a hen/stag group out as well if you go on a weekend as people do come from afar, so you get a more varied personnel!

Loughborough is shit, everybody's a bit backward and 6 fingered, it's a really odd place. You'll pay the same to get into clubs as you would in Leicester and it's really odd when they shut, like dead on 2:59am, every single place in town goes down and you end up all out of the street, then tons of fights over taxis break out which obviously you lose as you only have 5 fingers compared to the average 6, then it's about 25 quid back to leicester as there are no trains/busses/anywhere else open, it all dies instantly at 3*

*All based on one shit experience, I wouldn't go back though

What a dickweasel.

Seeing as it all doesnt close at 3 - you have Rain (previously Rapture) and Echos that both stay open till 4 or 5. <_< I think Loughborough is decent for a night out - you do get the students but alot of non-students do go out. Surely alot of student girls being out is a good thing? Unless Unit is a rimmer, which I wouldnt be surprised at.

Custard Bar - Bar Europa - Varsity - Amber Rooms - Vice/Revs - Echos on a Saturday is a garunteed good night. Another thing is the company you go with because I expect Unit is the type of person who stands up against the wall all night not daring to speak or dance with people and constantly drinking Tropical VK's (not even man enough to buy a WKD) Pussy.

Oh and another thing if you want a good weekend get out of this craphole of a county get yourself upto Liverpool for a weekend - absolutely fantastic. I have never had a better nights out since Zante. Unreal.

Was surprisingly cheap which surprised me - QuadVod's and Coke for £3.60 - BOGOF on cocktails - Tequila shots for a £1.

Cant wait to go back up next month.

What a dickweasel.

Seeing as it all doesnt close at 3 - you have Rain (previously Rapture) and Echos that both stay open till 4 or 5. <_< I think Loughborough is decent for a night out - you do get the students but alot of non-students do go out. Surely alot of student girls being out is a good thing? Unless Unit is a rimmer, which I wouldnt be surprised at.

Custard Bar - Bar Europa - Varsity - Amber Rooms - Vice/Revs - Echos on a Saturday is a garunteed good night. Another thing is the company you go with because I expect Unit is the type of person who stands up against the wall all night not daring to speak or dance with people and constantly drinking Tropical VK's (not even man enough to buy a WKD) Pussy.

You are the rimmer mate! Do you ''dare'' to dance with people? God dammit you are so outgoing. Loughborough isn't the best, I've been to RAIN which was ok. Varsity is full of students/chavs. Amber rooms is a poor mans Glasshouse in Leicester (which is saying something).

But at the end of the day I wish I could go out on a night out with you, you sound so cool.

I wish I could go on a night out with Uncle Albert.

Same, he' the man and knows the places to be.

Seems like Uncle Albert knows all the best places.

Loughborough - Liverpool - Zante.

:crylaugh: Brilliant, almost spit out my ''Tropical VK'' I must be a pussy as quoted by the club rep himsef Mr Albert

Come down London with me Nihat. We'll go for a curry down Brick Lane, hit some of the bars and then work our way to Shoreditch before ending up at Cargo and sitting in their fancy smoking garden with some cigars. Keen?

I'll come. I do curry, Cargo and cigars.

Come down London with me Nihat. We'll go for a curry down Brick Lane, hit some of the bars and then work our way to Shoreditch before ending up at Cargo and sitting in their fancy smoking garden with some cigars. Keen?

I may very well have to steal this idea for me and my friends as it sounds like a champion idea!

I may very well have to steal this idea for me and my friends as it sounds like a champion idea!

If you do then go to either Aladin or Sheba, in my opinion the best two curry houses on Brick Lane (plus Aladin is BYO).

What a dickweasel.

Ah so that's why everybody thinks you're a bellend.

Archived