Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Screen dumps

• 1 year later...

Since I've got myself a Mac, here's my lovely shiny Desktop.

screenshot20110328at185.png

Really like this.

Hopefully getting an iMac soon, 'reckon it's worth it? Going to get one anyway, but just wondering on a bit of feedback. Cheers in advance :thumbup:

Really like this.

Hopefully getting an iMac soon, 'reckon it's worth it? Going to get one anyway, but just wondering on a bit of feedback. Cheers in advance :thumbup:

If you are going from a PC then it's definitely worth switching to Mac. Depends what you will use it for too though, a Macbook might be better if for general 'stuff', or a Mac Pro if you need it for work (although the top end i7 iMacs are just as quick as the entry mac pros), the iMac is a good all rounder though if you want a desktop machine.

If you are going from a PC then it's definitely worth switching to Mac. Depends what you will use it for too though, a Macbook might be better if for general 'stuff', or a Mac Pro if you need it for work (although the top end i7 iMacs are just as quick as the entry mac pros), the iMac is a good all rounder though if you want a desktop machine.

Yeh, switching from a PC. Looking at the 3.60GHz i5 , 21.5 inch model. Want it for college, graphic design sort of stuff. Cheers for the reply mate.

Yeh, switching from a PC. Looking at the 3.60GHz i5 , 25.1 inch model. Want it for college, graphic design sort of stuff. Cheers for the reply mate.

I don't think that exists :huh: I'd recommend the 27" quad core (i5 or i7) one if you can stretch to it, really nice screen, especially if you are doing graphic design on there, plenty of space for palettes

I don't think that exists :huh: I'd recommend the 27" quad core (i5 or i7) one if you can stretch to it, really nice screen, especially if you are doing graphic design on there, plenty of space for palettes

It exists pal. It's the upgrade when buying. Pay an extra £165 for the i5. Money doesn't stretch far mate, so i think i will just go for the 21.5. The 27 would be nice but aw well.

3.20GHz Intel Core i3 [- £164.00]

3.60GHz Intel Core i5

Ah, i think you were on about the screen. Typo! lol

yea the screen chap lol

if money is tight have you checked the refurbs? http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/imac?mco=MjEwNzM3NDA

Exactly the same as the new ones but in a white box. You can also get lucky with upgrades - ordered an i7 27" at work and got 8gb instead of 4gb ram and a 2tb hd instead of 1tb - was about £600 less than the new price

yea the screen chap lol

if money is tight have you checked the refurbs? http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/imac?mco=MjEwNzM3NDA

Exactly the same as the new ones but in a white box. You can also get lucky with upgrades - ordered an i7 27" at work and got 8gb instead of 4gb ram and a 2tb hd instead of 1tb - was about £600 less than the new price

Will defiantly look into it mate. Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

Really like this.

Would certainly recommend it, since switching to a Mac I've been impressed, as a former ardent PC user/defender I have to say they've converted me. I feel frustrated when I go home for the holidays and ever end up using the PC Desktop back there.

Would certainly recommend it, since switching to a Mac I've been impressed, as a former ardent PC user/defender I have to say they've converted me. I feel frustrated when I go home for the holidays and ever end up using the PC Desktop back there.

What do you find worse/more irritating/shitter about pcs? (just curious as you're a convert).

Could only see myself giving one a go if I was minted or in the art/design field.

Just everything about it, they run faster, everything opens faster, it looks better. It just feels better and seems much more well laid out.

I'm in live music as well as a keen musician so it is pretty useful. Would recommend it.

Sounds interesting, heard nothing but good from people that have them (i have a feeling you wouldn't hear a peep for pride's sake even if they were disappointed) so i'd be interested in future. Change is scary though!

Personally I'm pretty happy with windows nowadays. A browser in Chrome that opens instantly and functions well, I've had my new laptop for about a year now and it's not crashed once, it run's games (apart from the ones I need a graphics card for but that's my fault for scrimping on that area) as smooth as anything aaaaaaand I don't know what else I'd want.

Good to hear comparisons though.

Archived