Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

The November Rush

This year has been pretty dull in comparison to the gaming experience of last year. Sure, there have been a few stand out titles, RE5, Street Fighter 4 and more recently Drakes 2 and Forza 3.

That's all about to change though as there are four stand out titles released next month over a span of just 2 weeks. And if they're not enough to wet the appetite then just into next year Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, GOW3 and FFXIII make their entrance.

So, what do we make of these people?

COD: MW2

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20090820050706358_640w.jpg

This will be the biggest and greatest online gaming experience of all time. The single player campaign also looks good with new locations including snow blizzard and underwater experiences.

Out: Nov 10th.

Dragon Age Origins

dgn_dragon_age_origins_screen.jpg

BioWare. Say no more. This will be RPG gaming genius. Seen as the modern day successor to Baldur's Gate.

Out: Next Friday.

Left 4 Dead 2

left-4-dead-2.jpg

A longer single player campaign and new modes for online gaming, this should do well.

Out: Nov 17th

Assassins Creed 2

assassins-creed-2-scan.jpg

Everything in this sequel has improved from the original. A complete revamp of the fighting aspect of the game, more variation in missions, new underground acrobatic PoP style sections, this looks quality.

Out: Nov 17th

So, what's on everybody's hit list in the run-up to Xmas?

If I've missed anything else, just add it. Wii games don't count. :giggle:

Borderlands looks exciting. It's kind of like Fallout 3 in terms of it being a post apocolyptic style game where you wander and pick up missions ect with one main storyline.

You can be different characters however and I believe there are 17 million different weapons including the variants. It's been said that it is more playable and easier to control than fallout.

That and it has a Timesplitter 2 feel to the graphics, just much better.

Assassins Creed 2 - first review in...

Official Xbox Magazine UK

The first Assassin's Creed's charm was in the sumptuous graphics and straightforward action - that incredible climbing and free-running, and the visceral thrill of stapling evil people to the dirt with a wristblade. With AC2 the rest of the game has caught up with the brilliance of those central ideas to create a complete and coherent experience. We can think of plenty of words that could describe Assassin's Creed 2 - involving, exciting, cinematic - but there's only one word that sums it up beautifully. Killer.

90%

This will be bought. Definately.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from work to find that AC2 has arrived, cue some serious licks on it this afternoon :thumbup:

Could you enlighten us with your views on this game?

Cheers.

After this one, it's a huge 2010 for games.

Sequels to Bioshock and Mass Effect, GoW3, FFXIII, Diablo 3, Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, ... the list is endless.

Could you enlighten us with your views on this game?

Cheers.

It's nothing short of brilliant as far as I can see.

It's got all the elements that were so refreshing about the first installment, along with greater detail in the world you're running about in, the ability to upgrade your character, a monetary system so that you can buy upgrades and health items (you don't automatically replenish your energy in this one). You can also skip side story challenges if you want to and come back to them later. You don't get the annoying beggars bothering you in this one either which is much better.

I'm only about 7 or 8 missions in so far but even now some of the other additions are very enjoyable, the hidden blades in your sleeves so you can stealthily assassinate people, the ability to hire groups of thieves and prostitutes to go and divert the attention of guards while you slip into wherever it is you have to go, the ability to swim through the canals and rivers to avoid detection or sneak up on people.

Seriously, it's a great game and I'd highly advise buying it, even if you weren't that into the first game, it's a massive leap forward (it's stunning to look at in 1080 too :thumbup: )

Dragonage is actually brilliant.

For most part, yes. There's still a few bugs and glitches - for example, I had to redo the entire Redcliffe storyline from start again, because one monster wouldn't spawn and I could search for it for ages and the game simply wouldn't proceed.

Characters could also look a bit more up-to-date, I take it they're still so 2006, since Bioware started working on the game. lol

The Dragon Age world is immense, though - I've done about 15 hours so far and still have yet to discover 85% of the game. And the story sucks you right in. Very cinematic, but also very close to the Lord Of The Rings (in many ways).

Archived