Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Ends Going Mental

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The worst are the comparisons of Anfield ten years ago against now when they play Man Utd. It's no wonder atmospheres in this country are laughable.

Liverpool fans snap chatting mourinho walk past them. Shocking behaviour.

videoing an oppo pen what the actual?

and Arsenal post "GOAL" on the big screen with the Spurs badge above it my god the premier league is a shithouse

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The worst are the comparisons of Anfield ten years ago against now when they play Man Utd. It's no wonder atmospheres in this country are laughable.

I seen the picture too however it was two different stands. You'll always get the prawn sandwich mongies taking photos, on the other hand the other part of the picture was the stand opposite which to be fair they still give quite a lot of shit 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

We might have the worst looking home crowds as far as goal celebrations are concerned, some of the fans behind the goal don't even stand up after a goal :D

The sooner we get a decent end behind the goal the better.

I can tell you what you see at the bottom of the stand does not reflect what's going on at the top.

We're always poor though - even our last minute equaliser against Forest a few years ago looked dreadful on TV.

• Like 1

It is strange that our ends rarely look mental- are we just better than other clubs at having older people, kids, etc. down the front so they can sit if they want?

There are always limbs flying about, not sure why that doesn't transcend onto TV!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

It is strange that our ends rarely look mental- are we just better than other clubs at having older people, kids, etc. down the front so they can sit if they want?

There are always limbs flying about, not sure why that doesn't transcend onto TV!

Think it's more a case that we have more of them in our away ends than other clubs. Can't really put my finger on why our demographics are like that.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Think it's more a case that we have more of them in our away ends than other clubs. Can't really put my finger on why our demographics are like that.

Only reason I can think is that our away following was pretty small up to the early 90s- hooliganism hit our fanbase harder than most, by all accounts. Could be that the growth of our away fanbase has coincided with football becoming more family-orientated?

Guest CityFan 06

Best I've seen us on TV was probably West Brom (A) 2014/15. Also Leeds (H) 2008/09; the best I've seen the Kop. 

Other than that, I never see us look any good on TV. It's about fan base mentality at the end of the day, ours being poor.

For us, West Brom away in 14/15 was unreal carnage. It looked amazing on TV as well. 

Birmingham City away in 13/14 was pretty dpecial as well.

Both times Vardy scored.

Yeah our scenes are bizarrely awful.

Saying that I saw a Stoke fan saying ours there this season for Amartey's goal was the most mental away celebration he's seen at their place.

Edited by Dan LCFC

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah our scenes are bizarrely awful.

Saying that I saw a Stoke fan saying ours there this season for Amartey's goal was the most mental away celebration he's seen at their place.

That was absolute carnage to be fair, such a great away end. A rare game I ended up on the front row for and loved it

It has to be to do with how we tend to have the same people at the front usually. If there was a camera on the whole end I reckon you'd see scenes, remember at Sunderland away last year when Vardy scored the first tumbling down a couple of rows with about 5 others around us and assumed the rest of the end was the same, get back to watch the highlights and its someone lifting a scarf above their head. Crazy contrast

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

That was absolute carnage to be fair, such a great away end. A rare game I ended up on the front row for and loved it

It has to be to do with how we tend to have the same people at the front usually. If there was a camera on the whole end I reckon you'd see scenes, remember at Sunderland away last year when Vardy scored the first tumbling down a couple of rows with about 5 others around us and assumed the rest of the end was the same, get back to watch the highlights and its someone lifting a scarf above their head. Crazy contrast

Thought the exact same. It's genuinely beyond belief. I couldn't believe those Forest ones a few years ago. Never been in celebrations like it, saw it on TV and it was like... really? Is that it?

• 1 year later...