Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Assassin's Creed II

So, other than me and LiB who's got this little beauty and how far are you into it?

Honestly one of the best gaes I've played all year

Feel free to share any tips/tricks for it :thumbup:

An awesome gaming package. A ton of content on offer. Everything is an improvement on the original.

Where to start? Graphics sharper, general feel is a lot slicker. The blending in works much better. Combat is hugely improved. This sequel is much more story driven which sucks you right in from the off. Missions offer more variety. The notoriety system works very well. You can customise your character. The side missions offer hours of extra gameplay - the treasures, the glyphs, the underground sections.

And you can still walk around like a bad man and jump off towers into bails of hay (and sit on benches >_< watching the world go by).

I've only touched the surface. There's a ton more stuff I could add.

It may all be about COD6, but I tell you this, this is way better. It represents a leap forward, does COD6 do this as well? I don't think so.

Game of the year, no doubt.

I really want this but havent even got the first Assassins Creed , should i buy the first one play that then get the second one or just dont bother with the first one

To be honest i dont think you need to play the first game, its a new assasin and is set in a different place.

I really want this but havent even got the first Assassins Creed , should i buy the first one play that then get the second one or just dont bother with the first one

You should be able to pick up a pre-owned copy at a fair price. Go and get it.

The second one picks up right from the last, so in terms of plot development, you could experience this through playing the original or you could check out the various vids on youtube to pick up the general idea.

There is a flashback at the beginning of the new one, but it's limited.

You may be playing as 'a different assassin', but at the end of the day, you're still Desmond and experiencing the first game is worthwhile. Just blast through the main quest and forget the side missions.

I wish I had a pound for everytime you've said that. lol

I said this, this time last year. Dead Space.

Time flies!

Two years have already flown by since the release of the first Assassins Creed :blink:

Back on topic, this game just gets better and better. The underground assassin tomb section was really well executed. Some of the glyphs are proving tricky to find and to solve now as well. I've cleared most of Florence of the treasures and all viewpoints, but that's taken hours alone.

Doing up the city you own is going to take hours.

I won't put this down until I have 1000 ach. points on it.

I've just got the 5th shield and have started redeveloping the villa in a big way. The flying mission with Da Vinci's wings is awesome. Still got tons of side missions to do though

• 3 weeks later...

This is the best title to be released this year, no question.

It's a pleasure to play through.

I'm well into it now, sequence 8, but taking time to do everything else along the way. Got all the paintings, upgrades at the villa, completed all the tombs. Picking out treasures where possible. It hasn't got dull for a second. I'm at 93% completion on the villa.

This should be top for 2009, but it won't be because COD6 will top it. As a sequel though, it's far superior to COD6 in that respect.

Right, just about completed this little beauty.

Main story finished - confusing ending (like the first leaves too many questions unanswered which will have to wait for another 2 years!), all treasures found, all beat ups, courier, races and assassination contracts done, all but three achievements done, all tombs completed, codecs found, additional missions completed via uplay and gamer code, villa upgraded to 94%.

Need to find 65 feathers, 15 more will complete the weapon set, spend 5000 on the birds and obtain the Auditore cape.

25 and a half hours in so far.

Should have this wrapped up in another 2 hours.

Great, great game. Loved it. :thumbup:

An epic game - a milestone in the industry.

I already liked the first part, the amount of liberty you have is astonishing. Then the level of landscape detail. Tremendous.

The second installment picks up where the predecessor ended, and it's even more enjoyable, much more advanced. I've just started playing this beauty and I'm indeed impressed. The Italian Renaissance surroundings - breathtaking. You can just lose yourself in Florence, walk around and admire the architecture (and I suppose it's all based on how the city looked like some 500 years ago).

I mean, this game's got it all - a gripping storyline, action, interaction, freedom to go wherever you want to, exploring, riddles, bonuses, side quests, shops. In addition, you also get to know a few things here and there about the historical background as well as the buildings and memorable places. Active history lesson, eh? Ubisoft just made a good game even better. It shows that the creative director is a woman, as I've never seen so much detail spent on (female) game characters.

On top of it, the graphics are stunning, with some memorable characters, and just for pure pleasure, I put the audio on Italian (with English subtitles) and it adds so much more to the atmosphere. Amazing. The only thing I'm missing so far is a two-player mode.

Seeing that Part I and II are separated by about 300 years, I take it Part Three will be situated in the 18th century - England during the Industrialization, maybe? In any case, from what I gather, the series will return to the present day at one point for one entire game.

It may all be about COD6, but I tell you this, this is way better. It represents a leap forward, does COD6 do this as well? I don't think so.

What a silly thing to say.

For a start, absolute crap-loads of people are adoring MW2 the world over which means it's obviously doing something right and for seconds - why on Earth would you even compare the two? Because they're both popular?

They both do something completely different and I've got friends loving both. Why turn it into a competition or argument?

What a silly thing to say.

For a start, absolute crap-loads of people are adoring MW2 the world over which means it's obviously doing something right and for seconds - why on Earth would you even compare the two? Because they're both popular?

They both do something completely different and I've got friends loving both. Why turn it into a competition or argument?

lol

It's necessary to compare the two because there's been nothing of note in the latter part of this year which has brought about such hype in its release.

Ok, they are totally different games in pure gameplay terms but in terms of their respective predecessors, AC2 is streets ahead and that is all I have to say on the matter.

Unfortunately I finished AC2 a couple of days ago and acheived the 1000 points on it. :thumbup: I could do with another 25 hours of content on this but all good things have to come to an end. :(

Back to COD6 and campers it is then... :rolleyes:

lol

It's necessary to compare the two because there's been nothing of note in the latter part of this year which has brought about such hype in its release.

Ok, they are totally different games in pure gameplay terms but in terms of their respective predecessors, AC2 is streets ahead and that is all I have to say on the matter.

Unfortunately I finished AC2 a couple of days ago and acheived the 1000 points on it. :thumbup: I could do with another 25 hours of content on this but all good things have to come to an end. :(

Back to COD6 and campers it is then... :rolleyes:

Got AC2 today, and on first impressions it is brilliant, but to say it is streets ahead of the most popular game on the 2 consoles at the moment is lunacy. On first impressions, COD6 is better imo.

Archived