Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leftsideoverhere

Anyone want a job?

The department I work in is looking to recruit a part-time member of staff to help me run a database, and associated software systems. If there's a foxestalk user who's sufficiently techie to know what 'sql' stands for without looking it up on google, and how to optimise database tables, yet sufficiently young / inexperienced / cheap to think a part-time job in the public sector might be up their street, please get in touch. It's not very well paid, but we're fun people to work with, and it's a project with some real social value.

I don't know what SQL means, although I've heard of it, something to do with databases right? But I can learn, and have enthusiasm! Plus is it perminant? I'm temping over Christmas at the minute and it's hard to motivate myself knowing I'll be leaving in the new year.

When do I start?

I don't know what SQL means, although I've heard of it, something to do with databases right? But I can learn, and have enthusiasm! Plus is it perminant? I'm temping over Christmas at the minute and it's hard to motivate myself knowing I'll be leaving in the new year.

When do I start?

i'm guessing you have to be able to spell... :unsure:

The department I work in is looking to recruit a part-time member of staff to help me run a database, and associated software systems. If there's a foxestalk user who's sufficiently techie to know what 'sql' stands for without looking it up on google, and how to optimise database tables, yet sufficiently young / inexperienced / cheap to think a part-time job in the public sector might be up their street, please get in touch. It's not very well paid, but we're fun people to work with, and it's a project with some real social value.

If only I knew what SQL stood for, what optimising database tables meant and what a public sector is. :cry:

If only I knew what SQL stood for, what optimising database tables meant and what a public sector is. :cry:

SQL = Structured Query Language

Optimising databases = replacing the hamster in the wheel

Public sector = what people tell you when they work for MI6

Two out of three, Sly. Not bad.

Which two? :whistle:

I did a HND in Software Engineering but didn't enjoy it, hindsight tells me I was young and stupid and should have topped it up to degree level. Now I have a not so lucrative career in sales. Which, incidentally I have 12 days left before I'm made redundant.

The joys of a recession!!

Considering doing something else, maybe go back to study law if I can find a way to pay the mortgage. If I knew now, what I thought I knew when I was 20, I’d have been an Electrician. Everyone needs one!!

Where do I apply?

I think they've cut back on all of those vacancies, at least it appeared so as my ejection from the Central Trains' Driver Selection Fair was swift and conclusive: I think it has something to do with the economic downturn, but they didn't want to discuss it.

Just to let you guys know, I took this job.

Worst decision EVER!!! Quit my normal job as Admin Clerk quite hastily as the grass seemed greener!

Plan on handing in my notice on Monday, can't bare this anymore!!! :frusty:>_<:angry:

:) better bump this post back up then :)

Just to let you guys know, I took this job.

Worst decision EVER!!! Quit my normal job as Admin Clerk quite hastily as the grass seemed greener!

Plan on handing in my notice on Monday, can't bare this anymore!!! :frusty:>_<:angry:

Sorry to hear that but it's a learning experience

Archived