Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Copying DVDs for Dummies

I've tried a few times but never really mastered this. I have quite a few films on my computer, some in avi format, some in mp4 format. I want to copy some of these films on to DVDs.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this?

I've tried a few times but never really mastered this. I have quite a few films on my computer, some in avi format, some in mp4 format. I want to copy some of these films on to DVDs.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this?

This is an easy and free way for getting avi., mpg, mkv and all that onto dvd. I've done hundreds of dvds on it. It might fail once in a blue moon but if it does, just start again.

Download FreeVideoToDvd on left hand side in video section, (Free Videos to DVD 3.1). Then do this :

Where it says 'DVD Label' type in what you want your dvd to be called. 'DVD Format' click PAL and either 4:3 or 16:9. Don't worry about the 'video bitrate' bar, you sort that later. Then click next.

25t9frl.jpg

Now click 'Add Chapters' and browse your pc for the video you want. It's best to stick to below a maximum length of 2.5-3 hours. You can have more than one video on the list just stick to a 3 hour limit for better quality. Then move the 'quality' slider. This moves the blue bar but you have to keep this just to the left of the red line between 4GB and 5GB. Then click next

28us5e0.jpg

Next is these easy steps. A,B and C is just making the dvd menu

A

2ql66md.jpg

B

jj3adi.jpg

C

72pog2.jpg

Now just make sure a blank dvd is in, click 'Burn the project on DVD'. Choose your 'speed write' - lower the better I think. Then when you click Start it usually takes about 90 minutes to convert and burn. Might be quicker depending on pc. You can tick the 'simulation' box to show the video as it's converting if you want.

raspco.jpg

That convertXtoDvd mentioned above is supposed to be good aswell but I canna get it to work on my pc

Cheers all for the tips (particularly El Empty!!)... ended up getting a copy of Convertxtodvd - quality piece of software, all I need to do is stick a disc in, load a file and press a button. Perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know how to rip DVD's and whether there is any free software?

used to be free siftware, but as far as i know its well out of date as copyright removal is concerned

Search around a torrent site if you know how, and get Clone dvd and a program called anydvd, both made by slysoft

you can get the programs here, but you wlil need the cracks for them

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

As for the original poster, dont waste your time converting avi's if you dont have to

most dvd players will play dvix files, in which case you can just burn them as data with a program called nero or imageburn (which is free), you can fit as many avi's as you can that will fit on a 4.3gb dvd

Archived